Looking for more other measures (than petrol price) to resolve problems with traffic and pollution

dungdevil216 1 / -  
IELTS WRITING

problem solutions

Topic: Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
What other measures do you think might be effective?

Incresing the petrol's cost is a good way to reduce traffic and pollution problems, but I believe that it is not the best way and we need more other measures to better resolve these problems.

I agree that raising the petrol's price is a good choice because of two reasons. Firstly, it will increase travelling expenses, led to decrease travelling demands and frequency. Secondly, higher price will make input cost of businesses more expensive, especially within manufacturing companies, so they have to switch to other cheaper and cleaner kinds of power. Both of these two benifits would help to reduce polluted air, one of the most reason causing pollution problems. However, it is not the best way because we can not permanently reduce price and travelling is an essential need, unable to be continuously limited. Therefore, we need more other effective measures as well as the ways to combine different methods.

There are two other ways we can consider. On the one hand, studying and applying new powers, such as electric power or solar power, both called recyled energies. By using those, we could devide new and modern means of transportations, like tramcars or electric bikes. On the other hand, we should combine more different methods at the same time. For example, parallel to promulgate new regulations, limiting the number of personal cars or bikes each citizen can own, we need to develop more public transportation facilities to adapt gradually increasing needs for going around. Beside, authorities should strongly fine behaviours causing pollution, say littering.

In conclusion, beside the way of increasing the price of petrol, we should apply many others measures to better resolve the ascending traffic and pollution problems.
Dung, this is an extent essay. So you need to provide a response that has an emotional extent to your disagreement to the proposed discussion. Saying, "I am strongly in disagreement" would have been the more appropriate response to the question which, by the way, you neglected to respond to in your opening statement because your whole essay focused only on the measures to be taken, aside from raising the price of gasoline, in the essay. You also showed a lack of grammar control as you misspelled certain words in your essay such as "Incresing" (Increasing). That will definitely be a mark down in your LR score. If you can't spell it, then you should not use the word. This is not the time to guess how to spell an English word. If need be, use only simple English words to express yourself. You will be scored accordingly. Don't try to use words that you do not know how to spell or perhaps, are unsure of the proper definition of the word because those are the 2 mistakes that can cost you the most in terms of points deductions. At this point though, this essay will not pass in an actual test setting anyway since your response was tangential. That means, you did not totally respond to the question. Instead, you focused only on one part of a 2 part discussion essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / Looking for more other measures (than petrol price) to resolve problems with traffic and pollution