What other measures do you think might be effective?

septiadara29 48 / 67 9  
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective?

Writing Task 2

Some societies think that to reduce increasing congestion and air pollution in urban city, it needs to be regulate by increasing the cost of fossil fuel. However, in my opinion, increasing the car sales tax rates is also effectively as well as the notion.

With regards to some people who agree with the view, they generally believe that the price is becoming not affrodable for some groups of people. For example, according to a publication in Australian's News in 2010, there was a new regulate from local government to make the price of petrol higher. As a consequence, people in 16 - 60 age groups, who did no have any income, started using private transportation, such as bus or train. Hence, it really works to solve crowded city from private vehicle and reduces air pollution.

On the other hand, I would firmly agree that there are some merits towards environment and society, if the government also increase the tax rates of car and minibus. Not only people who have limited finance that will be think twice to buy a new car, but also prosperous societies. For example, based on statistical data from University of Tokyo Fujita in 2010, there was a sudden decline in the car sale quantity due to the increasing of car sales tax rates of 17%, from 8% to 25%. As a result, the government started improving bike lanes in the town, also local inhabitants enjoyed riding the bike. Therefore, the city can provide more air fresh and the proportion of congestion reduces gradually.

I concluded that the problem of traffic jam and pollution enable to be solved effectively by some ways. There are increasing the price of solar energy and car sales tax rates. (287 words)
samiratiff 2 / 3  
State your opinion clearly about the statement in the first paragraph.

As a consequence, people in 16 - 60 age groupsaged in their 16-60s, who did not (...), started using privatepublic transportation, such as bus or train.
Pramudia27 34 / 55 2  
... who agree with the view, generally they generally believe that the (...) not affrodable for some groups of peoplecertain groups . For example, according to athe publication in Australian's ...

As a consequenceconsequently, people in 16 - 60 age groups, who did no have any income, started using privatepublic transportation, ...

good job.. break a leg
ifraanisa05 44 / 70 6  
Hi asep, here are my suggestions for you :)

You delivered the messages well, you can develop well through 287 words

it needs to be regulate regulated by increasing ...
you need passive form, right?

... the price is becoming not affrodableaffordable for some groups of people.
be careful --> misspelling

... are some merits towards the environment and society,(unnecessary comma in this conditional sentence) if the government also ...

... limited finance that will be think twice to ...
think is a verb. you do not need 'be'

I concluded that the problem of ...
write at least 3 sentence in your conclusion, add an suggestion if necessary

Home / Writing Feedback / What other measures do you think might be effective?