U.S Meat & Poultry Consumption, Per Capita, Boneless By Species - Writing Task 1

Fatirtalent 12 / 19  
The graph presents the meat and poultry consumption in the US from 1985 and 2012 and projected consumption in 2012. It is noticeable that beef was the dominant meat throughout this period. However, Pork and Turkey showed some initial fluctuation from 1955 and 1961 respectively.

Between 1955 and 1976, US beef consumption increased significantly from 60 to climax of 90 pounds. During the same period, consumption broilers escalated to around 30 pounds per person, while the line of Pork showed fluctuation and reached the lowest point to 35 in 1976. Turkey was the most unpopular meat, with figures below 10 pounds per capita each year.

By 2012, the amount of beef consumption dropped sharply to 50 pounds, but the consumption of broilers had twice higher in consumption per person since the 1970s, to around 55 pounds. By contrast, US Pork and Turkey consumption were remained the same over the period as a whole.

Janet7 2 / 3 1  
Hi fatirtalent, I made some corrections which I think you might appreciate on your writing task 1

It is noticeablecan be observed that beef was the dominant ...

... Pork and Turkey consumption were remained the same ...

Home / Writing Feedback / U.S Meat & Poultry Consumption, Per Capita, Boneless By Species - Writing Task 1