Meat production requires relatively more land than crop production.

m7mdbsheer 6 / 7 1  
Meat production requires relatively more land than crop production. Some people think that as land is becoming scarce, the world's meat consumption should be reduced.

What measures could be taken to reduce the world's meat consumption? What kinds of problems might such measures cause?

It is true that with the growth in the world's population, the land that is available for food production is becoming less than ever. Since meat production requires more land than crops production, some people think that the use of meat should be lowered. There are several steps can be taken to diminish meat consumption, yet these solutions might have undesirable consequences.

While meat is the major source of protein that human body needs, the only way to cut down meat consumption is to find alternative sources of protein. The first choice would be to adopt an orientation towards genetically modified (GM) foods. To fill the gap that the lack of meat might cause, there will be a need of crops production in large scale; therefore, GM crops are the most appropriate method. Another measure to consider is that governments can support crops production by encouraging agribusinesses through offering subsidies and tax cuts. As a result of this development, crops prices will fall down, then people will become willing to buy them rather than meat.

However, these measures mentioned above can have a number of limitations. Firstly, depending on vegetation as a main food might reduce the size of livestock. Consequently, there will be a surplus of grass and posture that are used to feed animals.Thus, these can be a waste that is threatening the environment. Secondly, genetically engineered foods are considered to be harmful to our ecosystem. GM foods have a negative impact on mankind health, they also damage the environment by spoiling the soil.

To conclude, there are many ways to cut down meat consumption, nevertheless, these measures have some disadvantages.
Dioba 68 / 104 7  
Hi, i give some advice for you, perhaps useful for you.
1. ... harmful to our ecosystem. GM foods have a negative impact on ... ----> after the main sentence, you put support sentence, but you do not explain more about your supporting sentence and not give example to make the sentence clearly, so the reader will easy to follow your summary.

2. It is true that with the growth in the world's...
3. Firstly, depending on vegetation as a main [...] that are used to feed animals. ---> you should be explain why depending on vegetation might reduce the size of live stock. but unfortunately, you supporting sentence not explain about your first argument.

Keep writing.

Home / Writing Feedback / Meat production requires relatively more land than crop production.