Media brings solutions for communication problems - IELTS task 2

M3L1 26 / 6 11  
The use of electronic media has a negative effect on personal relationships between people. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In the sophisticated world today, we have attained a situation where technologies are incredibly advancing. There are many electronic devices that are used by people to help them in terms of communication with others in the long distance. While some argue that these media has drawbacks on people relationship, I believe they could find solutions to solve this problem.

There are plenty of applications and modern equipment to help people in their lives recently. In developed countries this phenomenon is no longer foreign, most of the population has these exceptional devices to communicate with others. The advance technology allows people to have connection in wireless fidelity which provides a wide connection to the world. They are able to speak, to write or to video calls with others without charge in the exact time as theirs. While this condition seems very helpful for people lives, in other situations like at home, people who has spent a lot of time with their gadgets will abandon their family members. There will be emotional distance between them, because they are engaged to their gadgets and addicted to it.

Results of social observation in several media showed that people who spend most of their time on electronic media become indifferent and ignore the neighbors around them. However, there are some solutions to overcome these negative effects. People need to assign a priority on their lives in terms of relationship between others. They have to set time for their families to gather and have a face to face communication, by contact with them and have full attention without using gadgets. The real world in more important than cyberspace. As much as possible people should spend most of their time with the people they care about.

In conclusion, indeed sophisticated communication devices are needed yet also affect on people personal relationships. Nevertheless, if they could devote more time and attention to their family, this problem can be resolved.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Intro:
In the sophisticated world today, we have attained a situation where technologies are incredibly advancing.
Electronic media have subtly shaped the way people communicate. It is argued that these electronic devices introduce dire consequences on personal interaction among people. While such a notion is utterly true to some extent, I would argue that these social networking sites help people keep in touch instantly and regularly.

Conclusion
In conclusion, indeed sophisticated communication devices are needed yet also affect on people personal relationships.
The aforementioned evidence shows that electronic media have changed the way people interact. While it is believed that people relying too much on such devices tend to fell a sense of alienation among peers, it is claimed that these electronic devices bring great impacts on online communication

Home / Writing Feedback / Media brings solutions for communication problems - IELTS task 2