IELTS; The media should stop reporting detailes of crimes reports

jasmine4gjc7 2 / 2  
Topic: The media should stop reporting details of crimes to the public. To what extent do you agree?
here's my essay below:

Nowadays, detailed reports of crimes in media have aroused public concern largely. Large amount of people suggest that detailing crimes should be banned in consideration of its negative social influence. However I hold an opposite opinion towards them. And I will explain it as below.

It has been widely acknowledged that detailed reports of crimes would give people who tend to commit crimes cheap lessons in such an easy way. But media reports are never the only choice for a criminal to design his plans. As there is a will, there are ways to get information, for example by novels and internet. In another words, banning of detailed reports of crimes cannot ban criminals from collecting information. Meanwhile, bringing out those details helps common people focus on criminal information much in daily life, thus it makes media the most common way to get some education, for example not to hang out late alone.

Besides, there is a worry about hurting victims psychologically which is so not right to me. It is true that it can be really painful to face the miserable experiences, but a superficial calm by evading the truth is never a good therapy. A real relieve should be real peace in heart which requires courage and strength. Dare to tell the truth, overcome the fear and help others. This is the right thing to do.

Also, some people think that there will be unnecessary exaggerations about those details, in that media people want to boost sale. Hence the trueness is dubious. It may be true that the press will describe a common room as a scary place, but there is no such exaggeration as making a rob into a murder. This is a lie instead of a mere exaggeration. My point is that moderate exaggerations hurt nobody. The ones that twist truth are mistakes, which are always condemned in media industry and should not appear much.

In conclusion, I strongly support that media should report details of crimes. Those reports only have a limited negative social influence however the benefit for arousing public self-protection awareness outweighs much.
hadi1981 25 / 44  
Nowadays,(I don't think you need to put annotation here as you have to hang loose the meaning) detailed reports of crimes in media have aroused public concern largely. Large amount of people suggest that detailing crimes should be banned in consideration of its negative social influence. However I hold an opposite opinion towards them. And I will explain it as below.

That is my opinion only.
In general, your essay is so great and make sense.

Good luck

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS; The media should stop reporting detailes of crimes reports