Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Toefl - 'members can learn more' - live a life without any burdens

sayes 8 / 12 1  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is better to be a member of a group than to be the leader of a group.Use Specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Both member and a leader plays a significant role in the group.The success or failure of the work depends on the performance given by both of them. Some people believe that it is better to be a leader of the group .Others disagree.In my view,I would prefer to be member of the team for several reasons.

One of the important reason is that members can learn more. When we work in a team as a member we get chance to interact with other individuals of group. We can share the views, clarify our doubts and improve communication skills which will lead to enhancement in our work capability. For example, when I was in university of California ,we had a science professor. I could remember about the research on breast cancer which he had assigned to our group .The topic was difficult which required multiple group discussions and interactions with all the members. All of us spent couple of hours in library after school to collect the data everyday.I was confused about many subtopics and was having tough time to know about it in detail. With help of my group I could understand it. When the research report was ready we submit it to the leader of our group.This example taught me that by being member of a group we can broaden our different skills.

The second reason is that members can work without pressure and can give full concentration to work. The leaders have many responsibilities about the task and they may not be able to think and work better. The member who is free from such worry can perform best. For instance, last weekend we had a basketball competition with students from another state. Each of us tried our best to win the match. But my leader was pressurized by the university that our team should win anyhow. As a result, though we were playing well our leader couldn't give us better guidance and strategy to win. Finally,we lost our game.This example clearly shows that leaders life is not free from tensions.

In sum,it is better to be a member of a group. Not only it helps us to learn more about things but it also provides us opportunity to live a life without any burdens.We should all know the importance of member in a group.

Home / Writing Feedback / Toefl - 'members can learn more' - live a life without any burdens