memo introducing myself. help: mechanicalism and grammar

bhickey0827 1 / 1  
instructions:
draft a memo introducing yourself to me, your instructor. use standard memo format and comment on topics such as your personal, professional and educational background, interests, achievements, and goals. please also comment on your expectations of the course- which parts are you looking forward to? which parts your not looking forward to? use conversational writing style; check your draft and edit for mechanical and grammatical correctness. your memo will help me get to know you, and will also help me access your writing style at the beginning of the course. specific details make your memo more vivid and interesting.

can you tell me if I need to change anything for this to be a memo. do I need to put anything at the end; like a thank you.
Th25cc 2 / 90 26  
Where is your writing?
OP bhickey0827 1 / 1  
To: Janice Turner
From: Brittany Hickey
Date: 9/15/2013
Re: Introductory Memo
Background
My name is Brittany Hickey. I am from Benoit's Cove, Newfoundland. I am in my second year of university. Last term I enrolled in general studies, this term I am starting my Bachelor of Business Administration. I decided to make this my career path because of my current job position.

Interests
Since I was in primary school, I was good at math. Which lead to take extra math courses throughout my school life. I also enjoy learning about local business's and how they became successful. It's interesting to know how much money one company makes during a week span.

Achievements
During high school I received honors each year. I also won the class award for my nutrition class. Last term in university I got an 88 average in Math 1000. Some achievements at my work; employee of the month, promotion to supervisor, and attendance award. During the summer I also received a small scholarship from my work towards my degree.

Expectations
In this course I am looking forward to learning how to write professionally. Learning how to do research on certain proposals and present them. The least thing I am looking forward to is presentations. I am shy and nerves tend to get the best of me.
Th25cc 2 / 90 26  
You probably don't have to, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to include something like "I appreciate you taking the time to get know me. I look forward to working with you this semester/year."

Home / Writing Feedback / memo introducing myself. help: mechanicalism and grammar