Midnight exam - write story. story in 150 words.

lethixuantrinh 1 / -  

A bad dream

It was midnight, after reviewing the exam tomorrow, I went to bed. In my sleepping, I dreamed of a terrible story. I found myself going to another world, this place was all black. I saw many people wearing long black dresses and holding a sharp stick, fierce face, and blood stains. My heart is pounding, a crowd comes behind me. Suddenly, I shouted, they quickly grabbed me and let me into a trunk. I was taken to a darker place. It was horrible, the sound was chaotic with screams, crying, screaming. each one was cut to pieces, blood flowed, and then put into a pot of boiling water. "Oh, no!" I shouted. I suddenly got up, my heart was pounding, it turned out to be a dream, and I looked at the clock now at 3:00 am. I was nervous, scared, sweaty. Finally, I didn't sleep until the next morning.

(i need to edit grammar)
Maria - / 1,098 389  
Watch out for the lack of preposition in your essay. This can affect the flow of your content. Make sure that you always try to construct sentences with complete thoughts. I recommend opting for simpler sentences instead of complex ones; and then, build up from this. Mixing up your structure can go a long way when it comes to establishing a more organic tone. Moreover, try your best to establish better transitions when you're moving from one sentence to another.

For instance:

It was midnight when I finished reviewing for my exam. I had gone to bed afterwards. I had a nightmare*. I found myself in a different world; it was all black. I saw people wearing long black dresses and holding sharp sticks with a fierce facial expression and blood stains all over them. [...]

*I highly recommend opting for these alternatives rather than simply writing down everything. Doing this will sharpen your content.

Keep these in mind. Best of luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / Midnight exam - write story. story in 150 words.