Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Mistake I Ever Made - suggestions

nanaA 1 / -  
Mistake I Ever Made

Everybody makes mistakes. When I made one, my Dad said to me " this is only to strengthen you and not to get you down. You are about to make more, and it is only then you are going to discover your capabilities and streengths". so, though careful, I made several of them as I grew up and none seemed to significantly change my thought process or had any memorable impact on me, at least until this happened.

I was school president my senior year in high school back home in Ghana. As part of my responsibilities, I am to make sure that everything on the school campus was in accordance based on the school policies. One fateful afternoon in the lunch room, I found a stduent, eating some other students' lunch.

Immediately, I sent him to the Senior House Master. The consequences of my response, led to a situation where the master decided to give him twenty four lashes of cain as a form of discipline, but in the process of flogging him, he fainted and was rushed to the hospital.

The school fired the master and the parents of the boy charged him for abuse. Finally, he was sentenced to three years imprisonment and his teaching certificate was revoked. After he finished serving his jail sentence, he became homeless. I know this beacause I would see him from time to time around town.

The boy made a mistake for eating other students' lunch but my decision to report him without asking for his reasons was a very big mistake. We all make mistakes, but one that hs sad outcomes is always unforgettable.

Home / Writing Feedback / Mistake I Ever Made - suggestions