mix gender at schools - Good or bad?

eva19950927 2 / 2  
Some people think that it is better to educate boys and girls in separate school. Others, however, believe that boys and girls benefit more from attending mixed schools.

In recent years, we are bound to hear people from all walks of life discussing whether boys and girls should be co-educated at schools. Some suggest that boys and girls distract each other in adolescence which may lead to unnecessary conflicts, while others frown upon this opinion as they think that it offers a good chance for male and female students to better understand one another. Just like any rational individual, I firmly believe that males and females benefit more from attending mixed schools.

For a start, that the striking differences between males and females are undeniable. By studying together in a same school, they can complement each other and learn from each other. Conspicuously, it is easy for juveniles to develop illusions and wrong impressions towards the opposite sex. Studying together helps them better understand one another. Meanwhile, the adult world is made up of males and females, so should the schools be. Teenagers are the future pillars of the society, it is of paramount importance for schools to let them know their social role so that they can easily adapt to the outside world.

Nonetheless, some people advocate that mixed education ruins the harmony between different genders. This seems to be a valid argument. No one can deny that there are, indeed, numerous conflicts between males and females due to the incompatibilities of their personalities, interests, physical conditions, etc. Yet, this should not be the excuse for us to evade the importance of interactions between males and females. On the contrary, co-education is beneficial to psychological development. Many psychological and physiological problems vexing an adolescent student can be readily solved in a co-education school. Teenagers can learn to be more mature by getting along with the opposite gender.

By and large, I once again reaffirm my position that boys and girls should not be educated in separate schools. It is indisputable that students can benefit more from socializing with the different genders in schools.
Your introduction is written well. It introduces your topic to the reader and clearly states on which side of argument you are. :)

In body paras you come up with strong reasons to support your view. However, you don't provide specific examples to convince your reasons to the reader. Specific examples are a mandatory part of IELTS task and you'll earn marks for them.

Home / Writing Feedback / mix gender at schools - Good or bad?