IELTS: mixed nationalities and cultures promote countries develop more quickly

andrea1122 1 / 1  
Countries are much more interesting and develop more quickly when the population includes a mixture of different nationalities and cultures, to what extend do you agree or disagree?

It is not uncommon that a country with missed nationalities and cultures developed so much in recent years. However, as far as I am concerned, it still accompany with some problems.

Admittedly, a multi-cultured country attracts increasingly more people all over the world as individuals, out of curiosity, are fond of experiencing different cultures. Due to the availability of a wider array of entertainment, abundant tourist attractions could be the driving force of tourist development, which will boost the local economy to certain extent.

On the other hand, countries with the population include different nationalities and cultures may not be stimulating and developed. People from different countries have their own opinion towards values. Accordingly, they may not understand others behaviour which could be regard as the barrier for communication among various cultures. If not deal with an appropriate means, it may cause ethnic conflicts. Even worse, in some countries, it is not common that some people discriminate against the minority groups. For instance, mass media have revealed an Indian boy was attacked by a gang of people in Melbourne with no reason. Thus, I believe no one will find the country is interesting and go to a unstable country with potential dangers.

Clearly, it is the trend people from different countries living together; therefore my suggestion is government should give priority to facilitation of the cultural communication and mutual trust to promote the development of the state as a whole.

is it coherence and logical?
thank you for your time and really appreciate it.
OP andrea1122 1 / 1  
thank you for you reply.

I thought 'stimulating' means 'interesting'. or is it only similar in spoken English?

by the way, what does 'experties' mean? do you mean expertises?

and Arabs are especially good in trade. or good at trade?

thanks again. your suggestion is very Useful :)

Both are okay. "at" might be a little better.

The correct word is expertise. (no need for "s")
Stimulating can mean interesting.

It is not uncommon for a country to develop missed mixed nationalities and cultures in recent years.
(Practice typing the sentence above a few times to gain a useful grammar-habit.) :-)

People from different countries have their own values. Accordingly, they may not understand others' behaviour, which...

... could be regard as a barrier for communication among various cultures.

If not dealt with appropriately, it may cause ethnic conflicts.

Keep practicing! You have mistakes, but the meaning is very clear!
ericzhu - / 1  
"Countries are more interesting and develop more quick if" -how to answer this topic?

I suppose to write 250 words for this essay and how could I answer it?

Topic: Countries are much more interesting and develop more quickly when their population includes a mixture of different nationalities and cultures. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
To what extend extent do you agree or disagree?

They are saying it is better to have a lot of different kinds of people. Don't you agree? I do. Diversity of people leads to diversity of ideas, and the whole society is benefited. So, I think you should write about the way people from different cultures and different religions can come together and solve problems together.

Please write a few sentences to get started. After you get started, it will be easier. We'll help you if you get stuck.

Do you understand the topic?

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: mixed nationalities and cultures promote countries develop more quickly