IELTS T- 2 Mixing children from different social back grounds & various abilities

mhss 18 / 53 18  
Please help me with this IELTS academic task 2

Q: It is ipportant to ensure that children with a wide range of abilities and from a variety of social backgrounds mix with each other at school.To what extent do you agree or disagree.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevent examples from your own knowledge and experience

(250words)

In schools allowing admissions from various communities, children are given more opportunities the to mix with those who are coming from different social settings having numerous abilities. Most people highlight that it is in a way advantageous to learn from each other but on the other way, some people believe that it may do harm in learning bad habits and unaccepted behavior. Having looked at both sides, I agree with the fact that students should be mixed with each other in order to obtain knowledge and skills that may not be taught in the classroom.

Mixing of children of different backgrounds enable them to gain a lot in different aspects.
Most important aspects would be the knowledge of different regions of the country, their culture and religion, traditional dresses, unique cuisines and the famous geographical landmarks. Similarly, they get the opportunity to learn native languages that would be difficult by other means. In addition, there are children with various capabilities either born with or learn from their ancestors with whom mix with others, it is possible to learn such skills by way of simply observing. Further important aspect is that, once they become adults, they have a wide range of friends of different cultures all over the country.

As long as the negative effects of mixing are concerned, there remain some crucial arguments.
Some school children are practicing bad habits, for instance, smoking, gambling robbing and related activities that are not accepted from children and once they merge with others invariably they will spoil them as well. Moreover, innocent children are exposed to certain skills that are considered harmful, for example, using weapons, road rage and Internet hacking. Therefore, mixing has to be considered after having background information on each and every individual entering the school.

In conclusion, allowing such incorporation in schools has given the opportunity to make a significant improvement in knowledge outside the curriculum and hence it should be implemented whenever possible while minimizing the harmful effects.
temptprovidence 8 / 163 35  
i have a few more points of advantages and disadvantages... can i suggest or will that aggravate the length problem...???
In schools allowing admissions from various communities, children are given more opportunitiesthe to mix with those who are coming from different social settings and withhaving numerous abilities.

Most people highlight that it is in a way advantageous to learn from each other but on the otherwayhand, some people believe that it may do harm in learning bad habits and unacceptedunacceptable behavior.

.... Why do you separate this line from the para? It should be included in your first body para.

Most important aspects would be the knowledge of different regions of the country, their culture and religion, traditional dresses, unique cuisines and the famous geographical landmarks.

... This is alright.... but the most important point here is that such an environment would provide them with a better understanding about cultural diversity that promotes respecting different cultures and ethnic groups. This in the long run a very healthy aspect to achieve a peaceful and harmonious society.
OP mhss 18 / 53 18  
Thanks Dumi.

mhss.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS T- 2 Mixing children from different social back grounds & various abilities