Modern buildings are appearing in large numbers, we should build our buildings in traditional styles

cathyliu 19 / 54  
4. Modern buildings are appearing in large numbers, and some people believe that we should build our buildings in traditional styles. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

5.30
In the present age, along with more and more buildings are constructed, a hot debate about the building style has been triggered. Some people think we should adopt the modern aesthetic model as the history is developing forwards, while others contend that we should keep our traditional aesthetic style. Personally, I think we should construct new buildings more in modern style than in traditional style.

Admittedly, the traditional building style has its special values and meanings. A construction with traditional style will remind us of the past history; moreover, a traditional building standing in the middle of modern building will attract more eyes and bring us some surprising. Besides that, for a local government with plenty of traditional buildings, tourism no doubt is an effective method to increase the tax and enlarges its revenue.

However, we can not reverse the trend of history development just because of individual's interests; in other words, we can refuse the modern building style and try to substitute for it with the traditional one because of some special reasons. Just turn to the development history of architecture, we will get the answer why we can insist on traditional style quickly. It is the population explosion make the history of our architecture progress. One reality is the traditional style can accommodate enough space for the present human beings to live in.

In conclusion, I personally suggest that although it is feasible to allow a small proportion of traditional style exist; we should pay more attention to our modern building style, as the essential aim of buildings is to serve humans instead of for appreciation.

6:07

268 words.
remya 2 / 10  
standing in the middle of modern building will attract more eyes and bring us some surprising. Dont think a building will surprise anyone.
Bring some more clarity ,especially in the 3rd para.
In the present age, along with as more and more buildings are constructed, a hot debate

However, we cannot reverse the trend (...) because ofindividuals' interests; (...) try to substitute for it with the traditional one ...
Just turn to the development history of architecture; we will get the answer about why we cannot insist on traditional style quickly.

Nice job! Keep practicing, because your English still has errors.

:-)
OP cathyliu 19 / 54  
I feel rather frustrated, why I always make so many mistakes-_-

HOW could I improve my english quickly?
-----------------------------------------------
I will practise, practise, never give up-------------
Well, it is a very difficult language to learn! You are doing very well. The way to practice is to read books aloud, and actually speak the words. This will make your brain practice using words and phrases in the way they are supposed to be used.

10 minutes every day:
Practice reading with a friend. Read aloud to each other.

Home / Writing Feedback / Modern buildings are appearing in large numbers, we should build our buildings in traditional styles