IELTS: Modern forms of communication increases the frequency and quality of interpersonal links

Anfalia 40 / 56 23  
Modern forms of communication such as email and messaging have reduced the amount of time people spend seeing their friends. This has had a negative effect on their social lives. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Technological advance affects significantly in the horizon of human life. As a universal, electronic messaging and email transmute social life of inhabitants. While it causes some negative effects in social lives, I strongly argue that the merits of modern forms of communication overweigh the drawbacks.

In the previous era, the way people communicate one another is by sending a letter. They need to wait for getting message respond for several days. Also, rich man commonly use home phone to contact with their relatives. It is no wondering if elderly people hard effort to meet or see each other in their leisure time.

That overview is slightly distinguished from this era. People spend their available time to communicate with their friends mere by using the electronic communication. This is more efficient; also enable to create a closer relationship. As my obvious example, I spent almost every time in my daily to hold a gadget or to overlooked at my notebook to have some chats with a whole of my friends. As a result, I enable to know my friends' condition in a current and do not need to waste my energy and money to meet them.

On the other hand, Pew Research Internet Project in Washington DC states that in 2020 the brain of multitasking teens and young adults are "wired" differently from those over age 35 and overall it yields baleful results. They do not retain information; they spend most of energy sharing short social messages, being entertained and being distracted away from deep engagement with people and knowledge. They lack deep-thinking capabilities; they lack face to face social skills; they deepen in unhealthy ways on the internet and mobile devices to function. The changes in behavior and cognition among the young are generally negative outcomes.

In conclusion, since the primary use of the modern forms of communication, I might speculate that it will have positive social consequences in people's everyday lives, because it increases the frequency and quality of interpersonal communications among people. People with easy access to others ought to feel better connected and more strongly supported by others, leading to happiness and engagement in families, organizations, communities, and society more generally.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Stop listing people's ideas as this adds no value. You need to synthesize those ideas.Combining information from two or more sources is called a synthesis. If you are dealing with a concept or events, research from different sources can be synthesized to offer a well-rounded explanation of it. This requires more than simply summarizing passages of source material. You are to draw connections between the sources, and use them to relate the different passages.
imon 2 / 4 1  
Technological advance (advancement) affects significantly in the horizon of human life

As a universal , electronic messaging and email transmute social life of inhabitants .

In the previous era (past) , the way people (used to) communicate (with) one another is (was) by sending a letter

They need (had) to wait for getting (a) message respond (response) for several days

Hi sorry but you've made slight mistakes almost in every sentences, can't correct all of them. This will reduce your score. First focus on how to make flawless sentence.

Good luck

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Modern forms of communication increases the frequency and quality of interpersonal links