[TOEFL] Because modern life is complex, young people to have the ability to plan and organize.

ERIC SUNG 3 / 5  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Because modern life is very complex, it is essential for young people to have the ability to plan and organize.

young people ability to manage and plan

Thanks for the advanced technology, it makes people's life more convenient and colorful. In other words, people now a day have to do a lot of choices, they have many goods to choice in each shopping, or they have many options to do at the same time.There is no doubt that modern life is more complicated than before; therefore, I believe that it is important for young people to have the ability to plan and organize.

To begin with, the first ability that I think young people should have is managing the priority. Just mentioned in the former paragraph, human beings have to do lots of decisions per day, their schedules must be busy, so how to manage the priority is a quite basic issue to concern. Take me for example, I will save my schedule in the cell phone, so I will decide what I am going to do before that day. Moreover, the cell phone will remind me with the alarming system that I won't forget the important meeting or appointments.

Secondly, making plain is always necessary because you usually do not have time to make a decision on that moment. Moreover, you are probably to make a mistake, so to avoid making such a stupid mistake, making a plan is a solution. Doing a schedule is similar to creating a plan, both need to think and then make a decision, so I consider that schedule is a helpful tool to help people to manage their life and make a plan.

Last but not least, if the young people are unable to manage and plan they are in danger. This is because they may waste their time on trivial things, and they possibly forget to do the necessary tasks. Unfortunately, they might not accomplish anything, as the result of the trivial things distract their attention.

In conclusion, the more sophisticated the world are, the more careful young people should be because the changes of the word is complex; however, if the young people cultivate the ability of planning and organizing they will not have to be scared, they can control their life well done.

If someone could tell me how much score will I get, that would be so great!
Eric, let me score you on a point by point basis so that you can understand the parts of the TOEFL test that you will need to improve in order to get a better score. In the Task Accuracy portion, you made a mistake in the paraphrasing of the original prompt so that will gain you a score of 4 in the end. That is because you failed to properly format your final or topic sentence that should have instead said "I agree that because modern life is complex..." rather than saying "I believe that it is important..." A change in the mere format of the sentence totally changed the prompt discussion requirement which could lead the reviewer to assume that you are not very capable of understanding English instructions. It would also be best if you do not focus too much on the discussion of gadgets in the completion of daily activities since the gadgets are not mentioned as a part of the discussion requirements. Keeping that reference vague would have shown a clearer understanding of modern life without focusing on a particular topic. Now, as for the rest of the essay, from C&C, Lexical Resource, and GRA, I believe that you will score a consistent 5 in each section because your abilities reflect the expectations for that particular score. Basically, you did well in the discussion part. It is the paraphrasing, which proves English comprehension skills that you have a problem with. The introduction must properly reflect the restated prompt so you have to be sure that you understand what discussion requirements and topics for discussion are required in your essay and be sure to outline those in your opening statement.

Home / Writing Feedback / [TOEFL] Because modern life is complex, young people to have the ability to plan and organize.