Modern parents are more devoted to their children's education than parents in the past.

krnjeong 2 / 3  
The way of humankind's life has changed from the past. People, nowadays, demand higher quality of life whereas people from the past strived to survive. Since education plays a key factor in one's success, more parents are pushing their children to attend university than in the past. I personally believe that modern parents are more devoted to their children's education than parents in the past. There are couple reasons and examples to support my idea.

To begin with, importance of education has increased over time. Today's society is full of competition. In other words, university education is often considered to be mandatory for successful life. Companies look for applicants with higher education than ever before. Accordingly, parents, who love their children the most, pay close attention to send their kids to one of the great universities. For example, my parents always told me to do well on the test because that was the only way to achieve my goal which is to become an architect. At that time, the pressures from the parents seemed to be unbearable, however, considering that I realize the importance of education now, I would do the same to my children.

Next, education is equal to everyone. Education was considered to be luxurious thing in the past. Only wealthy people were able to receive education and common people, especially women, had no chance be educated. As a result, parents showed no effort in teaching their children. However, the society has changed over time and, now, everyone can freely receive the education that he/she demands. Parents, nowadays, spend time with their children consulting their future plans and assist them with their future education. For instance, my grandmother was unable to attend school because she had to work in the farm ever since she was old enough to attend school. However, she still knew the importance of education and she sent all her children to finish schools including university education.

To sum up, I believe that more parents today are involved in their children's education because they realize that education is really important and they are also able to provide education to their kids.

umm.. i couldnt really think about what to write but i tried my best to write in 30 minutes. :P
fikri 5 / 317 71  
like what I have said before in antoher essay, when you post your essay, it will be better if you post the introduction as well, so that, the readers will easily understand what type of writing that you have written
OP krnjeong 2 / 3  
oh i am sorry i've just signed up. i shouldve read instructions :(
Yes, you should have included the prompt of the essay so that we can have a better understanding about it. Also, it is better to include the purpose of the essay (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, GRE etc.) in the title too. That helps you gain more task related feedback from others. The last admin request I have for you is that open this type of essays in the Writing Feedback forum. It's the most appropriate forum for these essays :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Modern parents are more devoted to their children's education than parents in the past.