Nowadays modern people can lead a much longer life. How this phenomenon can be judged?

jocelyne001 9 / 21 13  

people living longer

In most parts of the world, people are living longer. Is this a negative or positive development? To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, owing to the improvement of public hygiene and the evolution of medical technology, modern people can lead a much longer life. Beneficial as it may be, debates have yielded a spectrum of views. Some agree with the advantage of human's longevity whereas others believe there are more disadvantages. From my perspective, I believe the merits are more and relevant to the good quality of people's lives.

First and foremost, one of the benefits of living longer is that people currently can have more than twenty years to enjoy than ancestors in the past. That means, humans are more experienced than before, and not only can people revel in the additional lifetime, but also these experiences can become instructions passed to the offspring, reminding them not to induce the same issue in the world. For example, the elderly can tell the story about the severity of wars to the young generation, so they may probably think twice before triggering a new one.

Furthermore, if humans can live longer in a healthy condition, then workers can delay the age of retirement and continuously make large contributions in society. For inference, the genius scientists can keep conducting scientific researches in the laboratory. Therefore, the progression of technology in different domains would not be postponed because of the quit or death of intelligent and practised scholars.

All in all, with the above arguments, I consider that people with a longer life is quite advantageous in the public community, and it is a trend in which people can be pleased to accept.
renzito 3 / 4  
good history

add -> more experienced living
- > are prone to delay

Home / Writing Feedback / Nowadays modern people can lead a much longer life. How this phenomenon can be judged?