In modern society, ambition is more and more important? How important is ambition for success?

minhphuong275 1 / -  

ambition - an essential element to achieve success

Nowadays, the term "ambition" is getting increasingly popular with its importance. It is said that ambition is a powerful tool to achieve success, overriding both talent and resources so far. However, it cannot be denied that being ambitious is both advantageous and disadvantageous at the same time.

It is widely known that ambition is an indispensible factor for individuals who want to be successful in life. First, ambition plays an important role in helping people overcome the difficulties. Ambition may motivate them to work hard and even sacrifice what is necessary in order to reach their goals regardless of what is put in front of them. Moreover, ambition also makes it easier for job seekers to have an ideal job even though the unemployment rate is getting increasingly higher. It is a fact that employers, especially those in large companies, prefer to choose people who are able to show their desire to be successful which allows them to devote themselves entirely to the job.

From my perspective, this characteristic has both positive and negative influences on people's way to succeed. On the one hand, ambition is considered as a catalyst that pushes people over their limit, thus, fulfill their dreams. It is the fact that a great of number of success achievers are likely to be really ambitious; for example, Jim Carrey, who used to be homeless and unemployed, prevailed over huge obstacles to become one of the best comedians of an era. In contrast, some people who are too ambitious often perceive the world as a battle where they need to surpass anyone to accomplish what they have set their mind on, which sometimes lead to devastating consequences. Let take the famous Hitler as an example, his addiction to power as well as his dream to conquer the world were main causes for the death of thousands of people.

In conclusion, it is undeniable that ambition is an essential element for people to achieve success; nevertheless, from my point of view, this trait brings both benefits and drawbacks to people's life.
Hoang, is this essay for an IELTS or TOEFL test? Please tell me what test this essay is meant for so that I can assess it based upon the relevant scoring criteria. I cannot judge the appropriateness of your essay writing without knowing what the target audience is. By the way the prompt you provided does not include the discussion instruction. So this is an incomplete prompt. I need the full prompt posting in order to get an idea of what the basis for scoring and content relevance is in your work. While I will say that the essay is informative. It doesn't really develop full discussions per paragraph. Unless I know what the actual prompt is, I won't be able to help you address the problems of this essay. Unfortunately, I cannot give you more than one free advice so you just wasted one advice on this improperly posted essay. Please post another essay with the name of the test you are taking and the full, actual, original prompt you are responding to. That is where I will be able to accurately assess your written work.

Home / Writing Feedback / In modern society, ambition is more and more important? How important is ambition for success?