Ielts essay: In the modern society, children are less reliant on their parents (250 words)

nhaluhanh 1 / 1  
Exam question:
In the modern society, children are less reliant on their parents to learn about the surrounding world compared to families in the past.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Many people believe that modern society makes children dependent on their parents to learn about the world around them. Some think that children always need to depend on adults. I believe that children are less reliant on their parents to learn about the surrounding world compared to families in the past.

Nowadays, children are always exposed to new things at a very young age. It is ordinary for a child about five years old to know how to use the internet to watch movies or play games. Knowing how to use the internet makes them less reliant on their parents to study and learn things all around the world. Most children nowadays are self-taught. When they don't understand a lesson, they rarely ask their teachers or parents, but they use the internet to find out.

Because society is developing more and more, parents always have to work around the clock to make life better, which made parents have less time to teach their children. That is also the reason why children become more independent in their life. They can do simple household chores like cooking, doing laundry, or cleaning the house.

In the past, because there were no electronic devices or the internet like now. So it is very difficult for children to have access to things around the world. That makes them always dependent on their parents in learning and understanding many things around them.

To sum up, I believe that the development of society has made children more and more independent. They can live freely however they want without being a constraint.
Many people believe that modern society makes children dependent on their parents

Incorrect topic restatement. The orginal point was that children are less reliant on their parents to learn about the world these days. Score markdown # 1.

I believe that children are less reliant on their parent

Incorrect opinion response. While the belief is an acceptable discussion foundation, it was not formatted as an extent response. Score markdown # 2.

They can do simple household chore

The example is incomplete in terms of discussion development. A few sentences about how children learn to do chores through other channels would have better supported this paragraph. Midline score basis.

In the past,

This is an unnecessary and unrelated paragraph as it changes the required discussion aspect. Score markdown # 3.

To sum up

The conclusion lacks the original topic presentation, writer's reasoning, and proper closing sentence. All of these should have been presented starting at a minimum of 40 words. Score markdown # 4.
OP nhaluhanh 1 / 1  
reliant

Thank you <3 <3 <3

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts essay: In the modern society, children are less reliant on their parents (250 words)