Modern technology advances have paved the way for the popularity of working and studying from home

watermelon 1 / -  

IELTS WRITING TASK 2: WORKING AND STUDYING FROM HOME

THREAD: Around the world, many adults are working from home, and more children are beginning to study from home because technology has become cheaper and more accessible.

Do you think this is a positive or negative development?

ANSWER:

In our day and age, technology advances have paved the way for the popularity of working and studying from home. From my perspective, this trend has advantages as well as disadvantages.

On the one hand, working and studying from home are worldwide prevalence because it is considered by many to provide us with flexibility and convenience. For example, people who do freelance pointed out that they would have total control of their working environment. They have the freedom to choose where and when they want to work. Moreover, they can save a large amount of time commuting back and forth to work because most of their time was spent on working at home, not at an office. Another reason is that we are currently facing the Covid-19 pandemic, which caused numerous deaths around the world. Many facilities such as schools, workplaces, factories, etc were closed. Therefore, for students to keep up with their work during this social distance, online courses are necessary.

On the other hand, there are still several disadvantages of this trend. For one, working and studying from home require high levels of discipline and commitment. However, many students find it hard to concentrate entirely on their online courses. They might easily get distracted by things like movies, online games, etc. Furthermore, while some people were working at home for a long time, they would have less chance to interact and communicate directly with their colleagues and clients . As a result, it is difficult to develop social skills like communication, or teamwork skills.

In conclusion, although working and studying from home have some spiritual benefits for individuals during social distancing, there are also several problems that we should take into consideration.
The response provided shows that the Writer did not understand the writing format requirement for the prompt. Rather than supporting a single opinion as indicated, the writer chose to support both sides. This caused the failure of the essay to provide a clear opinion based on the writing instruction requirement.

Question: Do you think this is a positive or negative development?

The query asks the student to consider the discussion, weigh the evidence of. each side, and discuss the reasons why one side is the valid side. Either it is good (positive) or bad (negative). There is no room for a comparative presentation since the writer is not asked to discuss both views.

Response: this trend has advantages as well as disadvantages.

The writer, due to a misunderstanding of the instructions, responded with a discussion changing response. A/D is a different response format from P / N. The response made the essay fail due to an unrelated response.

Home / Writing Feedback / Modern technology advances have paved the way for the popularity of working and studying from home