Will modern technology, such as the internet ever replace the book as the main source

As is 2 / 5 1  
Write an essay on the following topic: "Will modern technology, such as the internet ever replace the book or the written word as the main source of information?"

You should write at least 250 words.
You should spend about 40 minutes on this essay.

Nowadays, if you don't want to sit somewhere alone and mumble to yourself, you must have good knowledge to keep conversations going. In order to know more, you have to read and analyse more information. In today's world, there are 2 main sources of information: books and the internet, which is developing at a fast pace. This creates an arguable question: "Will the internet become the main source of information and books become extinct in future?"

For ages, books were adored as huge amount of information. However, they are being replaced by their electronic "copies" which affect health problems as red-eyes and vision issues. Secondly, according to lectures of Howard Berg, who is the world's fastest reader, and to Spreeder website, e-books reduce the reading speed of readers to 25%, which makes them to sit in front of the monitor more and cause more health problems. Another good side of the real book is that you do not depend on the battery of electricity.

On the other hand, real books are made of woods, which cause reducing of forests in the world and make the ecology worse. Moreover, real books take more place in your bag and, also, its quality goes down because of the usage, but e-books are compact and don't change after several usages. Thirdly, electronic information in the Internet is more and faster approachable than the real sources. For instance, one can google any specific information in seconds, rather than searching books in libraries and then scanning for the required information. Furthermore, more information can be found in the Internet, which would probably never be found as a book, or in a book.

To conclude with, I would like to say that (Is it OK to begin conclusion like this? I usually begin so) books are valuable sources of information, but I believe that some day the Internet will absorb all the knowledge in al books and become the crucial source of know-how.
In order to know more, you have to read and analyse more information. In today's world, there are 2 two main sources of information: books and the internet, which is developing at a fast pace.

... don't use numbers in essays.... have only words for the numbers unless you need to talk about an "year" (e.g. 2013)
In order to be updated with what is happening around you, you need to have access to information. Today, the main sources that provide information are books and the Internet. However, the Internet usage is growing a much faster pace and some people believe that it would soon replace books completely.

For ages, books were adored as huge amount of information.

... this sentence is not properly worded.
For ages, books have been admired as the best source for knowledge transmission.
OP As is 2 / 5 1  
Thanks I really appreciate it!

Home / Writing Feedback / Will modern technology, such as the internet ever replace the book as the main source