Modern Technology & Single World Culture; Specific Reasons/ Examples

Minnie 1 / -  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Modern technology is creating a single world culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion

There has been a long controversy over the issue that modern technology is creating a unified world culture. The highly-developed world-wide-web enables us to broaden the view to the world experiencing various cultures all over the world. However, there are also countries that have so long heritages that they deny new cultures in the view of religion or ideologies.

Admittedly, there are many good opportunities to who wants to expand their knowledge about other countries' cultures on the web conveniently due to the development of modern technologies with the technical tools for communication. A relative who has lived in the U.S. for a long time exactly know well about the culture of his home country, Korea despite the long distance between two countries. This is because he is good at searching the information on Korean culture and enjoying the cultural experiment of other countries. This case illustrates that modern technology is a definately resourcefull tool understand other cultures.

Nevertheless, culture is more complex one rather than one thing that could be acquired easily through only one method. Not knowing the emotional meaning and metaphor of the culture, it could not be explained understandably to everyone. Furthermore, some countries who have a strong belief that they have an identical culture based on the religion or ideology do not accept other countries' cultures. It makes difficult the world have a single culture. This example shows that culture is not a simple one to be familiar with within the very short time.

In sum, even though technologies are rapidly being developed and helpful for understanding different cultures among countries, it seems that having a single culture in the world is not easy because culture is the results of accumulated assets to every country over the long time. In this sense, I strongly disagree with the author's claim.
khoctham 6 / 12  
dmittedly, there are many good opportunities for who wants to expand their knowledge about other countries' cultures on the web due to the development of modern technologies with the technical tools for communication. A relative who has lived in the U.S. for a long time exactly know well about the culture of his home country, Korea despite the long distance between two countries. This is because he is good at searching the information on Korean culture and enjoying the cultural experiment of other countries. This case illustrates that modern technology is a definately resourcefull tool understand other cultures.

Home / Writing Feedback / Modern Technology & Single World Culture; Specific Reasons/ Examples