IELTS : Have modern ways of preparing food improved the way people live?

shaddy 17 / 47 7  
Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live?
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Food is a necessity for all live organisms. Perhaps since the time human evolved and learned the way to cook food, it has been considered the most challenging task for many people. Nowadays, the modern technologies have also affected our conventional ways of cooking food along with many other changes in our lifestyle. I believe that this change has introduced many benefits to us and in rest of the essay I will discuss its significance on our life.

First, modern way of cooking food is less time consuming and requires minimum attention. Latest household appliances such as microwave ovens, electric stoves and smart ovens have lessened the efforts in preparing the food. These appliances often come with timers and alarms so the food does not need a full time attention. This has given us a lot of time to relax or perform other activities.

Second, many food items and spices are readily available in market these days. These ready-made items do not only eliminate the extra work of pealing and chopping them but also get cooked very fast. Frozen vegetables and pizzas are the mostly seen examples of the ready-to-cook items. The real importance of these items can be seen in the families where cooking is done by persons who live on their own and do not have external help to prepare their meals.

To summarize, I believe that the modern way of preparing food has saved a lot of efforts and time.
CallMeRay 1 / 4 1  
Your writing is a little bit under-length. Maybe you can stretch your conclusion more.
eileenalien 8 / 20 4  
I like your writing!
It's it well-organised. However, I guess although you think modern cooking methods bring a bot benefits to our lives there is still some drawbacks. Maybe you could mention a few. It might seem more complete.
rko029 4 / 9  
Definitly food become easier to prepare, i have my personal story...
i am the kind of person who don't used to cook at all, i used to see my mother since my childhood in the kitchen for almost two hours preparing the lunch to our family members and that makes me irritating for waiting too long while we are much hungry.

but lately ready made stuff faclitate that to me, i am eager now to enter the kitchen knowing that the meal will be ready in 15 min.,so that encourage me to do a lot of activities in the kitchen while enjoying the action i am doing.

Hope that work with you :)
OP shaddy 17 / 47 7  

Thanks, yes it was. I am trying to write at least 260 words in the allocated time now.

Thanks Mate !

Hope that work with you :)

Thanks man, I got some good ideas from your script.
Perhaps since the time that humans evolved and learned the way to cook food,

As always, you write well and this is a fine introduction. However, it is even better if you introduce the prompt , the argument, in its real sense. It talks about how the easiness of preparing food using modern technology affects the life style of people. Not much is talked on this in your introduction. Just pay a little attention to that :)
andrea94 3 / 9 1  
You have a good command of the language, but you wrote to little. In my opinion, you should give more examples and you should analyse both sides of the argument so as to write more. If you don't write at least 250 words they will take off point, so you should focus on learning how to expand your essays.

I hope I have been useful
OP shaddy 17 / 47 7  
Great suggestion, thanks. I didn't notice this.

You have a good command of the language, but you wrote to little. In my opinion, you should give more examples and you should analyse both sides of the argument so as to write more.

Yes ! I came to know this very later but I've been doing this with care now.

Yes you've been very useful, thanks for your comments.
sakuralucia 1 / 3 1  
These ready-made items do not only eliminate the extra work of pealing and chopping them but also get cooked very fast.

cool writing, good examples. But I think it would be better if you mention some drawbacks like modern food may result in alienation between family members because people do not spend time cooking together, which happens to be a very good way of interaction. And in this way you will probably write over 250 words.

And the introduction may be too long, you could spend more time on the body paragraphs.
OP shaddy 17 / 47 7  

Good one, but I think this may make the essay dry to the reader.
jesseswll 1 / 3  
Don't make the body longer, it will be too dry.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS : Have modern ways of preparing food improved the way people live?