TOEFL task2: The more money people have, the more they should give away to charity.

fanceen 3 / 5 1  
Lucky people have quite a lot of ways to earn money, but poor people are trapped into the poverty zone and cannot get rid of it. Then charity seems to be one of the efficient ways to eliminate unfair social gaps. So I tend to think the more money people have, the more they should spend on charity for the following reasons.

Firstly, this is their social responsibilities. The government needs a lot of money to build infrastructures such as schools and hospitals and they have money. As we know, money cannot own by a few of people. If that happens, the society will stop developing. Rich people become richer, however, poor people become poorer. Young people don't have any motivation to achieve their dreams or they don't have any dreams. Then the unlucky people maybe too poor to have to rob the rich people and finally there will be big conflicts between two classes. That's the least thing we want to see in the world. But charity can help to lower the possibility. Rich people give money away to the weakest people to help them cure diseases, eat fully, get education, look for a new job and what's the most importantly, give them hope. For example, there are so many buildings called Yifu Building, or Yifu Gyms on university campuses in China. Yifu Shao was a famous and generous person who was a film director in Hong Kong. He thought the most useful way to spend money is to invest on charity.

Secondly, charity can be a way for the rich people to change the world in their way. The more money people have, the more enthusiasm they may have to change the world. The government's responsibility is to firstly ensure its citizens having standard lives, but it may not be the outcomes that the people who have great vision want to see. So in this case, these people who have their own view of the social develop can use their money to make a difference through charity. For example, Mark Zuckerberg, CEO and founder of Facebook, and his wife invested 3,000,000 dollars to the medicine school of the University of California, Berkeley. They hoped they can use the money to finally find some ways to cure some crucial diseases in the next 30 years and created a better world for our next generations.

What's more, the public often doesn't like rich people, so charity becomes a common way for celebrities to use to advertise themselves and investing on charity not necessarily won't have any profits. Once they get more news on television programs, newspapers and magazines, they will have more invitations from TV series, movies and many other social activities. Finally, they get more money in a method that more people consider you are a generous person. For example, Guangbiao Chen is often called Brother Biao by Chinese people. He personally led a team as the first unofficial team to recuse people in the horrible Wenchuan Earthquake in 2008. During the rebuilding, he donated another 1 billion yuan for building schools and providing people with basic needs. He got huge attention during those years and people tended to buy products from his companies. Though he spent 1 billion yuan, he got a success in business and earned far more than 1 billion yuan after all.

To sum up, due to the social responsibility, people's motivation to change the world and hostility from the public to rich people, though people have free will to arrange their money, more money people have, they had better spend more on charity.
Pramudia27 34 / 55 2  
Firstly, this is their social responsibilities.The government needs a lot of money to build infrastructures such as schools and hospitals and they have money . As we know, money cannot own EARN by a few of people.

If that happens, the society will stop TO developing . THE Rich people become richer, however, THE poor people become poorer.
... motivation to achieve their dreams or they don't have any dreams.
THE Rich people give money away to FOR the weakest people to ...

RICH/POOR ==>refer to certain group ==> so, article "THE" is needed

The government's responsibility is to firstly TO ensure its citizens having ...

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL task2: The more money people have, the more they should give away to charity.