IELTS money is spent on keeping pets, while people throughout world are starving

mhss 18 / 53 18  
please help me with the IELTS essay 2

Q: Too much attention is paid to and too much money is spent on keeping pets, while people throughout the world are starving.

To what extent do you agree?

A: Some people argue that the attention and money spent on pets are a waste of money and this can be diverted to stop starvation in the third world countries. However, others believe that leading a luxurious life spending more on pets is a privilege of the well-off community. Considering the two aspects, I conclude that, both arguments carry the same amount of gravity.

First of all, pets not only share life with people but also help the people, for instance, the life of the elderly living alone is safeguarded. Nowadays, pets are trained to guide their deaf or blind masters, to smell people to identify when they are sick or in danger and to provide safety in farmlands. In addition, in a broader perspective, animals are used in the police in order to catch the offenders. Similarly, they can be used to rescue those who are lost in the snow or deserts. Therefore pets are used successfully in both domestic and community based services.

When the counter argument is taken into account, a huge sum of money is allocated for pets in bringing up, treatment and training purposes. It is worthwhile assessing to what extent it is ethical to keep people starved, reserving money for the maintenance of pets. It is not only the adults, but also the children are dying in significant numbers due to lack of money to spend on food. In addition, Poor immunity, lack of energy and poor working performance carry an extra burden to the existing problem. Based on these factors money can be re allocated to prevent starvation in developing countries.

In conclusion, these arguments point out two different scenarios. Nevertheless, there should be a balance in spending and the excess money has to be kept for the benefit of the entire mankind.
However, others believe that leading a luxurious life spending more on pets is a privilege of the well-off community.

Some people argue that the attention andmoney spent on pets are a waste of money and this can be diverted to stop starvation in the third world countries.

Some people argue that the attention and money spent on pets are a waste and that need to be diverted to prevent starvation in the third world countries. .... The prompt does not talk about this idea.... It asks to what extent you believe that. So, you need to answer that instead of going out of topic. Remember to keep your alignment with your topic always.
christyj 5 / 15  
Hai...

You have some good points..

However i don't think that pet dogs are used in police forces, rescue opperations, guiding blinds...?

There are highly trained dogs, pet dogs engaged in all these are very rare..is n't?
OP mhss 18 / 53 18  
Thankyou for the guidence.
Regards,
mhss.
OP mhss 18 / 53 18  
Thank you for the comment
Regards,
mhss.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS money is spent on keeping pets, while people throughout world are starving