Money spent on space exploration could be better used to fund other pressing problems in society

Camly1712 1 / -  
Please help me fix this essay. Thank you so much!

Is space exploration worth it?

In recent decades, the competition among developed countries in space exploration has been becoming a growing trend. Although this trend is not without its advantages, authorities should consider to invest more in other urgent aspects, which is beneficial for citizens in the long run.

There are several reasons to explain why governments are likely to invest a huge amount of money in space discovery. First, thanks to the development of this field scientists can be able to gain knowledge about universe, which might lead to a big advantage in the future. For example, learning about planets and stars can help us find solutions for some of the problems such as overpopulation or even the need to colonize new planets. Second, artificial satellites are considered as a useful tool in modern society. It is the fact that they are used to for many aspects such as defense purposes, which enables authorities to maintain a peaceful world.

Otherwise, some negative effects of this trend should be taken into account. It is true that space exploration is costly with few direct benefits. Many studies show that the direct intellectual gains from researching about far away planets hardly compensate the costs. In addition, there are many urgent issues should be given priority. For instance, governments could invest much more in prevent global warming, reduce crime rates and find a cure for cancer, which helps increase the standard of living for human beings.

In conclusion, vital problems should be the priority in the investment policy of every country instead of space exploration. Governments should allocate fund more reasonably.
While the writer manages to meet the wword count requirement and presents some good arguments, I am afraid the essay is not worth a passing score. The writing prompt asks for the writer to support his measured agreement or disagreement with the given topic. The extent of his support for one opinion serves as the overall discussion focus. The author seems to have forgotten the writing basis as originally provided because the essay developed was instead, based on an alternative and non-related instruction. The writer instead wrote about the advantages of the investment. The lack of relevant response will lead this essay to be scored as an unrelated response. The missing TA adherent response opinion Was to be the basis or foundation of the discussion. While the essay maybe scared based on the presentation, full marks will be withheld due to the inappropriate discussion development.

Home / Writing Feedback / Money spent on space exploration could be better used to fund other pressing problems in society