Monologue Writing about Monica

mustafa_hussain 1 / 2  
I hope Monica has made something good for dinner. Today's day at work was extremely tiresome. My boss had gone mad; he handed me piles of papers to type. It's so hot, I need to get the car air conditioner fixed. Oh no! The windows is jammed too. Monica's birthday is even cuming up, I need to think of something to gift her. Oh there is some mail for me in the mail box! Why does the house seem so creepy tonight. The grass needs trimming. I'll trim it tomorrow. The lights are even fused. Friday ruined by my boss and Saturday ruined by my house chores! I don't even remember the last time me and Monica watched a movie together. This door mat need cleaning. Pluto walked on it with muddy paws. Oh look here he comes running to me! Wow Monica is looking really good in her new dress. Why are the lites dimmed. Oh no! I forgot it's my anniversary. Oh there is a candle on the dining table. Wow Monica has pput in so much effort to set this place up. It looks so romantic! Oh its my favourite dish for dinner. Chicken Lasania. It looks so marvelous today. The sell of cheese and spices in it. The pieces of chicken look so soft and juicy. Wow the blue lenses look really good on Monica. They match perfectly with her dress. Even Pluto got his favorite today, boiled meat. He is looking so cute while eating it. Monica is a great cook. She has made this dish so yummy. I feel sorry I didn't even remember our anniversary and she did so much. Let me take her to her favorite ice cream parlor and we'll go for a long drive after that. I've got loads of things to talk about with Monica. We even have to plan our honey moon. We haven't gotten any time to stay with each other lately.

My first Monologue! Please comment and tell me how can I improve on it.
yang 2 / 313  
cuming

lol... that's not the right word, it's coming.

Why does the house seem so creepy tonight.

why this comment in the middle of describing your chores? maybe you need spontaneity in monologues?

honestly, I don't really understand monologues, but apart from some spelling mistakes (i know spelling doesn't matter in monologues), there's no major grammar mistakes or such.
OP mustafa_hussain 1 / 2  
lol @ "cuming"... all these chatting and stuff is spoling my language... i know its coming but when my mind is focused on the story i do silly mistakes lyk these =) my teacher even keeps telling me such mistakes... i suck at english but unexpectedly i got 70% in my school test so now im passionate bout it and really trying to fix it!
yang 2 / 313  
So this is a made up story right? for a second I actually though ure like 30 lol
Today's day at work was extremely tiresome.

Oh no! The window is jammed too. Monica's birthday is even coming up, I need to think of something to give her.

...plan our honeymoon. ---> one word, not two.

Hey, is this supposed to be a rant? A rant is a speech where the person jumps from one topic to the next in an erratic way. A monologue can be organized around a central meaning. It does not have to be a "stream of consciousness."
yang 2 / 313  

yea, I definitely had that thought, it really sounds like Catcher in the Rye, and the way it's structured makes the speech very real (that's how we think, like Kevin said, in a stream of consciousness). Of course, if you actually have to cover a specific point, then take Kevin's suggestion!
OP mustafa_hussain 1 / 2  
I don't know may be thats the reason I posted this onto the forum =) I have no clue on how to write monologues, I just started it in school. I just know that its not supposed to be narrative but in it only one person speaks and its basically what goes on inside your head. At least thats what I think it is
yang 2 / 313  
well, what's EXACTLY is your assignment?
Well.. a monologue is a long speech given by a character. If the character is Peter Griffin from Family Guy, maybe it will be a rant. If the monologue was given by Deepak Chopra, it would be organized...

I suggest looking at examples of monologues. They are usually dramatic. Like Yang, I wonder the what assignment instructions say. The only way to get it right is to know what you teacher is trying to convey. It's all about the teacher's expectations, because s/he is trying to impart something.

Home / Writing Feedback / Monologue Writing about Monica