My Morning Cup of Coffee essay - check for grammar, and spelling!

hannah16 2 / 2  
My Morning Cup of Coffee

Some people are morning people, but I am not one of those people. Every morning it seems as if I am in a fog until that warm cup of coffee touches my lips. I honestly can say I think I am addicted to this caffeinated beverage. Without my morning cup of java I begin to have throbbing headaches, and am barely able to stay awake if. The caffeine is not the only thing that I am so infatuated with but also the flavor; I get java chip when I get ice cream and tiramisu when I get cake. The only thing worse than not having my morning cup of coffee, is a bad cup of coffee. Coffee is something that is so often messed up, and yet is so simple. I have been making coffee every single morning since I was fifteen; I know how to make the perfect cup of coffee.

I always begin with strong Columbian coffee beans, this is what my parents drank and I have grown accustomed to this type. Speaking of parents, they are much to blame in this coffee obsession. When I was young, in the morning time my house was always full of the aroma of coffee, because of that association with good memories, I believe that it is where this coffee obsession began.

I start by grinding my coffee beans, and I then pour them into a filter and add water. I have to pay close attention during this process, because usually I still am half asleep at this point and a few grinds tend to land in the water, and no one likes coffee grounds in their coffee. I then set the coffee maker to brew, and it handles the rest. Usually this take about four minutes, and at this time I fall back into a deep slumber, only to be awakened in a few minutes by a loud ding and the delicious smell of coffee filling the air.

I now look into my cabinet to see what mug I am feeling today. If I feel the day is going to be a gloomy day the black mug will be chosen, an extremely good day then the lilac one with the fancy handle, and the teal cup is my everyday mug. I then slowly pour the hot liquid into my cup, making sure to fill it not more than three fourths full. I then add two packs of sugar and stir, because sugar makes just about anything better. Many people make the mistake of adding cream before sugar, I always add sugar first because the hotter the coffee the faster and better the sugar dissolves. Now to add cream I only use half and half, no skim or powder mix, it doesn't taste as flavorsome. Coffee is not the same with out cream, cream adds calories but it is completely worth it.

Finally, the masterpiece is finished, and it is time to enjoy. The fragrance of coffee is strong in the air, and I pick up my mug excited at the fact I know that coffee is about to be consumed. This brew that has seemed as if I had been waiting hours for is finally finished, and it tastes perfect. I sit and just enjoy my cup of coffee in silence, having no thought of getting up until I am done drinking the entire cup. I can now start my day.

Having my morning cup of coffee is an everyday ritual that I do. Making coffee is something that I do not even think about doing anymore, and I do not even realize how much I enjoy coffee until I either do not have it, or have a bad cup. Making coffee is something so simple, but is so often messed up. I believe I will always be a coffee drinker, because it is one of the only aspects that stay the same in my crazy life.
Tomomi 4 / 15  
Hi Hannah,

I don't really get what you said in this sentence. "The only thing worse than not having my morning cup of coffee, is a bad cup of coffee." But I guess what you meant should be "The only thing will not make my day is a bad cup of coffee."

"I know how to make the perfect cup of coffee." I am not so sure but I think it sounds natural if you use "a" instead of "the". ⇒I know how to make a perfect cup of coffee.

"I always begin with strong Columbian coffee beans, this is what my parents drank and I have grown accustomed to this type."
You can use "which" to connect this sentence like:"I always begin with strong Columbian coffee beans which my parents used to drink and I have grown accustomed to this type."

And if your parents are still drinking coffee, it should be "which is my parents' favorite flavor".

Speaking of my parents,

because usually I still am half asleep at this point ....I am still

Hopefully, my opinion would help.

Tomomi

Home / Writing Feedback / My Morning Cup of Coffee essay - check for grammar, and spelling!