My mother, My angel

eling 1 / 1  
"My dear, what you did yesterday will determine what you are going to do today but what you do today will determine what you will be tomorrow." The special person who influenced my life most is non-other than my mother. It is hard to imagine life without her as she has always been there to share my triumphant and victorious moments, and when I had my disappointments and frustrations, she was there with her kind words of comfort.

"Life for me ain't been no crystal stair" by Langston Hughes perfectly sums up my mother, my angel. Born into a poor family in a rubber tapping estate , my mother never have the opportunity to enter college as my grandparents could not afford any of it. She began working at a tender age of 18, and started saving money to attend a part time accountancy course. My mother's story about her hardship inspires me to work hard. Instilled with the importance of education in my heart, I would work diligently in school. I avoided missing classes, never misses out on homework and assignments, pay full attention in classes, and with her motivation, I rarely let her down in my exams. Whenever I encounter challenges in my studies or life, I would remind myself of my mother's fortitude to live and cherish life against exhaustion,sorrow or failure. She taught me to never give up in life, to experience whatever comes and to act on the experience and learn as we grow. I truly stand by the belief that gallant people who never give up, who are proof positive that life is worth living. I learned to guard my own enthusiasms, no matter how frail they are just like how my mum worked her way to be an accountant !
chalumeau /  
Please view my editing and let me know what you think.
What a hard-working woman!

OP eling 1 / 1  
chalumeau
Thank you so much! You're a great help. The essay looks better now..

Home / Writing Feedback / My mother, My angel