Motivation Letter of Taking M.TESOL program in Monash University

Ahmadham 4 / 11 7  
Hi..this year, I have big intention to continue my study. One of deciding factors to be accepted as the students is a good motivation letter. Thorough this, I convey that I really need your help to proofread my motivation letter. Thanks in advance.

I will make a difference

My name is Ahmad Ham, I graduated from Tobelo University, Elementary School Teacher Education department in 2008. With this letter, I wish hereby to state my motivation for taking TESOL program for my master degree.

My past two years, either working as a private English Teacher or being staff in Creative English Society, was filled with abundant experience. Not only teaching material, which should be mastered, but also class management, along with a proper teaching method to be used, was the matters which always makes this interesting to face. Besides, students coming from different background and ages are worthwhile experience I got since this broadens my perception of the idea in teaching TESOL class.

My intention to take further study emerges when I was encountered by many challenges during the teaching activity. It was common to see that students, I taught, were not enthusiastic to follow the class. They were always discouraged by many problems. Those interruptions either were family matters, or business closely related to meeting their basic necessities. In addition, it is the fact that there is still a lack of qualified practitioners who are capable of leading the organization, where I get involved, and can guide all staffs to improve their performance in teaching. This leads my co-worker and I to get confused how to solve some problems regarding to the pedagogical maters. The final issue encourages me to take an advanced study from renowned university is the fact that I come from an area, Tobelo, North Maluku, where equally educational quality is not seen despite a better education improvement occurred in the central city.

Heard about an opportunity to continue my study in Australia thorough scholarship, I believe this will be my best chance to improve my pedagogical understanding. I start searching some universities, which can equip me with best practical knowledge and skills of teaching methodology. Then, my preference comes to Monash University with some consideration. First, this university has an international reputation and its ranking is 65th in the world, according to QS World University ranking. Besides, program offered in this university fits in what I intend to boost, in which the improvement of teaching skills, language culture, curriculum, and bilingual issues will be main concern. Also, I got some recommendation from my friend who study in this university and said that TESOL program is one of the best courses offered.

With the great chance of taking TESOL program in the university, I strongly believe the issues I faced during the class and the nonexistence of qualified leader in my organization can be alleviated. Furthermore, thorough this, I also believe with some prospective understanding and skills from the program, I will make many differences related to the issue of educational inequality in my hometown thorough teaching volunteering programs that my friend and I did all the way.
Ahmad, a motivational letter should be short but informative and effective in delivering an overview of your statement of purpose. Your essay effectively does this in paragraphs 2 & 3. This motivational letter currently has too much information in it when the most important motivational points are only found in the aforementioned paragraphs. It would be best if you revise those 2 paragraphs to become the Motivational representation in your letter. That is because those she both the motivation and purpose of your interest in higher study. Keeping the motivational letter short, in this instance, about 3 paragraphs long will effectively do the job that needs to get done in the presentation of the letter. Reformat the presentation of paragraphs 2 & 3 and the motivational letter should fall into place for you. It doesn't need to be any longer than that.
ezgifilik 4 / 14  
Hello Ahmad,

Firstly, I wish you good luck for receiving the scholarship.

You have well explained why you want to continue your studies in the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs. I don't find your letter too long but you should adjust your 4th paragraph and make it look more professional. It shouldn't seem like you just pasted some sentences from their website: "First, this university has an international reputation and its ranking ..." Try to paraphrase this sentence.

There is also one mispelling that is repeated throughout your essay: thorough - through

Best,
Ezgi

Home / Writing Feedback / Motivation Letter of Taking M.TESOL program in Monash University