Only movies that can teach us about real life is worth watching.

lily wang 1 / 1  
Do you agree or disagree with the statement?Only movies that can teach us about real life is worth watching.

Movies have been an irrepalceable part in our life,work and study as a kind of entertainment.Because of the increased need for movies,the amount of movies has doubled.With more and more movies exposed to us,we have difficuties in making a decision what kind of movies is worth watching.It is believed that only movies that can teach us about the real life are worth watching.But from my point of view,the statement is not completely true.

To begin with,there is no doubt that movies which can teach us about the real life are worth watching.But what should be stressed here is that besides those movies,many other movies which can not teach us about the real life are also worth watching.It is know to us that the famouse film,Harry Pottter,is based on the fiction,which is written by Jack Rolly.But we can not deny that Harry Potter is a film that is worth watching.People learn from the movie about the improtance of friends and teamwork.Meanwhile,People are taught that evil would never defeat justice.

What's more,in terms of purpose,movies are different from their purpose. Some movies are produced to entertain people.while some to educate people.Both of them are worth wathching.Take Gongfu as a example.Kungfu,which is produced by Xingchi Zhou,is certainly a funny film.Little does it tell about the real life.Why is it loved by many people?It can not be ignored that this kind of film helps people to get rid of stress by making people laugh.. On the other hand,the purpose of audience is also different from individuals.Most people are watching films for fun while others watch to learn something from the film.

However,I admit that some kinds of films are not worth watching.Thoese films full of violence,sex,and drugs should be forbidden for they will have an adverse effect on children and the young.

To sum up, it is not right to say that only movies that can teach us are worth watching. Whether a film is worth watching or not are depending on it's contents and purpose.
JessH 4 / 10  
exposed to us,

This would be better as "being offered to us"

difficuties

"difficulty"

about the real life

Better as "real life"

the

You are referring to a previous statement you should say "that"

besides

"Beside"

It is know to us that the famouse film,Harry Pottter,is based on the fiction,which is written by Jack Rolly

This sentence is non-sensical,but also riddled with factual inaccuracies. "It is well known that the famous Harry Potter films are based on a fictional book series,which is written by J.K.Rowling"

But we can not deny that Harry Potter is a film that is worth watching.

This sentence does not quite fit and interrupts the flow.It also is sort of a repetition.

People learn from the movie about the improtance of friends and teamwork.Meanwhile,People are taught that evil would never defeat justice.

"People learn from the movies about the importance of friendship and cooperation.Also,people are taught that evil would never defeat good."

As for the rest,I would advise you to run this through a spell check because it has a lot of typos.Also,missing spaces,punctuation errors and so on.
OP lily wang 1 / 1  
Thanks very much.I think your help will help me to get a decent score in Toefl test.

Home / Writing Feedback / Only movies that can teach us about real life is worth watching.