Moving Industries and Businesses from Big Cities to some Rural Areas

nuni11 33 / 30 5  
In some countries, governments are encouraging industries and businesses to move to regional areas outside the big cities. Do the advantages of this trend outweigh the disadvantages?

There are some factories in the town centers which are expected by the government to move in the suburbs. While this can be true to some extent, I would argue that such a way is just offer a quick and easy solution in which it does not cover the long-term effect in the big cities and also residents in the outskirts.

Industrial areas in metropolis can lead to traffic congestion and are often moved by the governments to the outskirts. This is mainly because there are a large number of workers who travel to the place and increase the number of public and private transportation there. For example, I live in the town center in which textile manufacturing leads to congestion especially in early morning and late afternoon and the effect of relocating the industry. However, this is not the right idea since a couple decades later the empty area can be used by the government to build new skyscraper in which results in the same problem in the future.

The need to relocate the factories to reduce factories' emission and its effect to the public is the major drawback of this notion. The fumes of manufactory contain harmful chemical released to the air and influence the physical health of anyone inhale the polluted air. A recent study of Queen University proved that those live near the industrial area within 10 kilometers have higher risk of getting cancer in particular the children. While the effect of factories can be minimized in the city, people in the regional area suffer from the exposure of polluted air.

In conclusion, although moving industries in regional areas might solve some problems in town, it will bring other effects to both rural and the city in the future. It is recommended that the governments take this into consideration to enact sufficient measurement.
ilankelo21 36 / 41 22  
... I would argue that such a way is just offer a quick and easy solution in which , BUT it does not cover the ...
Industrial areas in metropolis can lead to CAUSE traffic congestion and are often moved RELOCATED by the governments to the outskirts.

I think this following sentence is not required. It is better you delete it.
and the effect of relocating the industry.

Home / Writing Feedback / Moving Industries and Businesses from Big Cities to some Rural Areas