IELTS Writing task 1 - Museum Maps

rishabhk4896 5 / 9  

Museum Maps analysis

The plans demostrate the changes made to a museum's ground floor from 1990 to 2010. In general, the museum has undergone many transformations with an addition of some new facilities and renovation of the old ones, and there were also relocations of a few sections.

In 1990, there was a Local History Room just on the right of the entrance that was unchanged in 2010, but the entrance was widened in 2010. On the left of the entrance, a museum office was situated with a reception counter right in front of it. However, in 2010, this reception counter was moved just to the right of the office.

Natural History Room's position remained unchanged that was just above the museum office. The Gift shop had been rebuilt and expanded in the year 2010, which also include a Café in it. Although there was no lift in the museum in 1990, one was installed in 2010 just between the Café and the Natural History Room. In addition to that, the Archeology gallary was converted into children's interactive zone and poster display area. In 1990, there was a statue near stairs, which had been moved to the centre of the museum in 2010.

Check this report and provide feedback and suggestions to improve mistakes.

Good work on maximizing the word count. 200 words is just the right number of words to achieve full scoring considerations per section. However, the current presentation does not allow for increased points awarding in the C+C section. That is because the format you used for the report has room for improvement. When writing a task 1 essay, always consider the number of images in relation to an extended (withing 200 words) presentation. Where 2 or more images exist, use the 4 paragraph reporting and analysis format. By using a lengthened description paragraph, the chances of scoring extra points in the minor scoring considerations would help towards your increased final score count. The presentation is acceptable though and will no doubt receive a passing score.

PS. There is no need to demand or instruct me on how to review the paper. I know how to do it. That is why you are coming to me for a review. Otherwise, you would not be coming here to have your work reviewed by a professional. I really did not appreciate being instructed on how to do my job. Do not do that again.
OP rishabhk4896 5 / 9  
Hi, thankyou and sorry at once. That was for others actually, but I sincerely apologise if you've been hurt. I'll keep in mind to write more sophisticated report whenever I'll get one of these double-imaged task 1.
someoneishere 3 / 4 1  
You did a great job keeping the word count around 200. The numbers included in the bulk, are outstanding figures. The comparison and application of vocabulary are in a tame and diverse way. But there are still minor bugs: demotrate => demonstrate, gallary => gallery

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Writing task 1 - Museum Maps