IELTS Museums and art galleries should show artworks of the local culture

sundin928 12 / 18 10  
Museums and art galleries should show artworks of the local culture, rather than those from other countries. Do you agree or disagree?

Today,many types of traditional arts and crafts are struggling on the brink of extinction.So, some people believe that more local artworks should be showed on museum and galleries.In my opinion,while introducing overseas arts can bring many benefits to the local,our own works are more significant.

Artworks from other countries can capture local people's imagination. This is primary due to the fact that these artworks can broaden their minds and encourage them to integrate some features of these into their own designs,so that they can combine overseas and domestic arts to create brand-new one.Besides, the majority of people do not have chance to appreciate other countries' artwares overseas,and they only can look them on the website or television.If these arts can be exhibited on local museums and art galleries,this can satisfied their curiosity of exploring foreign civilization and chasing arts.

However, those who believe native arts should be displayed on the public argued that this can create economic benefits because of drawing more visitors at home and abroad. This means that local landmark buildings can give character to cities, which make these cities become popular destinations. Beyond that,the art industry will thrive because many local artists have more opportunities to display their works which have potential commercial value.Meanwhile,persuading the local to show domestic works is a an effective measure to boost social sense of belonging of individuals, as they can comprehend own history and unique arts thoroughly. Without the social identity of our own artworks,the cultural conflict will emerge.

In conclusion,without suggesting think that all overseas works are necessarily good,I think it is by no means "pointless" because this can broaden people's horizon.In any way,to try to keep traditional culture and arts alive with external one under the globalization,we should not ignore domestic art,because it is a soul of a country's civilization.
nathan2014 - / 3 2  
You need to restructure your first sentence so that it can make sense. For instance, "Traditional arts and crafts are going through tough times. Most of them are on the brink of extinction."

In the second sentence, strike out "so" begin it as naturally as possible creating room to expound on the first idea.
OP sundin928 12 / 18 10  
THANKS Nathan,
i rewrite it
Today, Traditional arts and crafts are going through tough times and most of them are on the brink of extinction.Some people believe that more local artworks should be showed on museum and galleries.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Museums and art galleries should show artworks of the local culture