IELTS; Museums are meant for educating people or entertaining them?

joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Some people think that museums should be enjoyable places to entertain people, while others believe that the purpose of the museum is to educate. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Museums are places where old things related to history, culture, science and many other aspects of a country are preserving. People have different views in the function and role of museums. However, I believe museums could be both educational and entertaining.

Museums the old treasure houses of knowledge and wisdom are argued that, they are functioning mainly for educative purposes. The traditional coins, crafts, paintings and so on, are excellent sources of education especially for students and those who want to research on it. These things broaden our outlook and gives first hand information about the certain period. Foreign tourist visiting these spots, as a part of their tour to a country helps to collect more knowledge about the country's old ways of life. By seeing the old traditional items and reminders of primitive life will be a different experience for the students and more interesting than learning from the books.

On the other hand, museums should be entertaining also. People are interested to visit a museum not only to acquire wisdom but also to pass their leisure time. Since museums are entertaining, they can attract more people and increase their income. Imparting knowledge through museums will be far beneficial through entertaining, as it is more enjoyable and memorable, especially for children. The role of the museums in teaching visitors that they do not know previously is pivotal. Considerable amount of enthusiasm and entertainment can make by the various exhibits in the museum by attractive ways of explaining. The use of technologies to describe each in detail such as projectors, CDs and so on are favorable for visitors. For instance, a giant skeleton of skeleton of dinosaur with moving the mouth and light in the eyes and roaring sound is more interesting than a simple skeleton.

To conclude, it seems to me that, a good museum should be able to offer an interesting, enjoyable and educational experience, so that people can have fun to learn something at the same time.
Museums are places where old things related to history, culture, science and many other aspects of a country arepreserving preserved.

Museums are places where objects of historical, scientific, cultural and artistic interest are preserved. Therefore they have a great significance in a particular country's history and culture.

Museums the old treasure houses of knowledge and wisdom are argued that, they are functioning mainly for educative purposes.

The part I highlighted does not sound right.... so it does not get your idea to the reader properly;
Some people argue that the museums are the treasure houses of knowledge and wisdom and therefore they should be focused on educating people.

The traditional coins, crafts, paintings and so on, are excellent sources of education especially for students and those who want to research on itthem.

These things broaden our outlook and givesgive first hand information

this gives/ these give
devabe2005 46 / 97  
skeleton of skeleton of -->typing mistake

The role of the museums in teaching visitors that they do not know previously is pivotal. --> something is missing not conveyed properly

The role of the museum is to teach visitors and that is pivotal

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS; Museums are meant for educating people or entertaining them?