Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Your Music, Your Emotions, You (news article for concert)

Bani 4 / 5  
Please read this and tell me ASAP, what the mistakes and everything else that's wrong. I will reply to one of your threads too if you do mine :). It's supposed to be a news article for this concert we went to.

Your Music, Your Emotions, You

By Bani Arora, November 14, 2012

This article is about the concert that took place on November 6, 2012 at Roy Thompson Hall. The tittle of this concert was "Olé! A Celebration of Spanish Classical Music". The conductor was Evan Mitchell. There were two guests who joined us at this concert, Jason Vieaux (Guitar) and Daniel Haas (Cello).

The "Castillane" from Le Cid featured the castanets and was played 3rd and composed by Jules Massenet. The castanets make a fast clicking sound, this added suspiciousness to the motions this piece of music was presenting. There was also a feeling of gratefulness being displayed in the piece of music when the other instruments are playing. This would be the perfect music to put put on if someone had just won the gold medal in the Olympics after trying many times.

The "Jota" from Suite populaire espagnole was played 6th a composed by Manuel De Falla. This song to me represented many mixed emotions. The music showed grief at one moment, then motivation, then grief again, and in the end rejection.

The "Fandango asturiano" from Capriccio Espagnol was played 7th and composed by Rimsky-Karsoakov. This song remided me of a bird in a rain forest as a steady beat until it hides from something and then it's in a lot of tension and it gets scared.

The "Boléro" was played 9th and composed by Maurice Ravel. This song was very interesting and talked to me in some way when it was being played. It evoked my emotions towards the end, it represented to me when I was stressed. I think this happened because the number of instruments, speed and pitch all got higher and faster. I notice that the composer had the snare drum in playing the same two bars over and over while instruments joined in and took their turn playing the melody this added to the stress it showed.

This concert is highly recommended for my wonderful readers, it's a great learning opportunity for all ages.

Home / Writing Feedback / Your Music, Your Emotions, You (news article for concert)