TOEFL "why is music important?"

hitchhike 14 / 27  
10. People listen to music for different reasons and at different times. Why is music important to many people? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

Just imagine a day that you cannot hear any beautiful sounds. It is impossible to imagine a world without any music, in that music has became one of the unseparated part of our today life. All of us enjoy from music because of some personal reasons, but in this essay, I want to put emphasize on three chief causes; music for becoming familiar with culture and history, music for entertainments, and finally, music for relaxation.

That music comes from each country has some prominent aspects of the history and culture of its people. By listening to various types of songs, you have this ability to know about important historical events of the producer's home country. As a case in point, in my society, we have a special song, which name is "Iran's eternity", that always remembers the war times. Also, musicians often use this ammo to introduce their cultures in the hope that people from other country would be familiar with their own culture.

Not surprisingly, music is one of the sufficient ways for entertaining. We can see the placement of music throughout the different stages of our life as a best means for entertaining. For example, none of us can forget either the childhood songs always bringing happiness for us, or that music kind we listened in juvenile era, which often were the best motivator for dancing.

In addition, in the modern life, with its difficulties, music has found another responsibility for relaxation. Listening to a light music is a pleasure manner for relaxation, specifically after a monotonous working day. Furthermore, results of recent research, which focused on the importance of music in the urban life, in the Alberta University, showed that the life stress could be reduced by hearing to music for 20 minutes a day.

To sum up, music has important role in the different branches of personal and social life. Music is such a remarkable mean that can show the noticeable spot of historical and cultural events. Moreover, relaxation and amusement are the other benefits of the music. Beyond doubt, without music our life would be similar to life of humanized robots.
In the beginning of this essay, it is not quite right to say it is impossible to imagine a world without music, because some people do indeed live in such a world: deaf people do not know music the way others do, so your intro sort of excludes them. At the end, you reinforce this with the robot idea. What is a "humanized robot?"

That music which comes from each country represents some prominent aspects of the history and culture of its people.

It will be better if you use at least three or four sentences for each paragraph: a topic sentence, 2 example/explanation sentences, and then a reflective conclusion sentence. Develop those paragraphs.

Good luck!

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL "why is music important?"