NARRATIVE ESSAY ON :LEAVING HOME

ktmrocker 1 / -  
I WAS ASSINGED TO WRITE A NARRATIVE ESSAY ON MY FIRST STAY AWAY FROM HOME.
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME REVISE AND IMPROVE THIS ESSAY
Leaving Home
Life is short and we need to make our decisions faster without wasting our time. For this we need support and help which we get from our family and friends all our life so we never want them apart. We always want them in our every moments of our life weather at our dejection or exhilaration but it is not the same as we desire. Life is a journey and you never know what happens next so you could end up anywhere at any time.

It was August 9th 2008 when I first came to the United States of America leaving all my family and friends behind. I was a stranger over here as I knew nothing what next I was going to face in my future life. As I went to my new home I had already started to miss my old home since the whole place seemed totally new and strange to me. The weather was hot like hell; I was not used to this type of weather at all but had to change my behaviors. The apartment looked deluxe but I still missed the room back in my home which I had organized by my style with the woofers on all the corners of the room and off course my precious little guitar which I used to play whenever I got bored and lonely as now. Whereas in my new room I had a little study table where I have those thick books that I studied every night to gain a good GPA and those comfortable queen sized bed where relieved all my stress sleeping tight. The room had a door to the patio from where I could see the big tennis court where the children used to play other games like basketball and cricket rather than tennis. I found it hard to build friendship with my neighbors as I never saw them since they were too busy.

I was having a hard time getting used to this environment and life style. It was a busy life here. Nobody had time to relax. Everybody used to leave home so early, come back late, eat and sleep. This was the daily routine of most of the people over here. It seemed good to be busy but still I found it very exhausting and dull life because we had the same life schedule each and every day without any time to chill out with friends. I worked with a company named ATC Logistics and Electronics where we used test phones, check their functions, pack it and distribute it to the sellers. It was nice working there since there were many people of my nationality and I felt like I was in my own neighborhood but as I became familiar with the work I started to find it really unexciting. As I mentioned, this became my daily routine, wake up, go to work, come back, eat and sleep. There was nothing exciting and fun in my life anymore. But life became more complicated after my college started. I became busier than I was before. I was getting more frustrated because of my hectic life.

As I was having such a hard time I really missed my home and also off course my gorgeous wife who really cared and loved me. As the days passed by my wound of loneliness was getting worse but my goal to completing my studies was getting closer. I really wanted to accomplish what I wanted quickly and get back to my family. Till then I was getting used to the people around me and knew a lot about how this struggling life would end up to. It was a life time experience living and dealing with people of different culture and nations and trying to gain more useful knowledge.

I had never thought my life would be here at this point struggling for success and waiting for my goal to be achieved. I was not the same anymore as the time had brought changes in me but I'm still waiting to get back and get the warm loving hug from my family. As I know now that living my life on my own as a stranger out in the unknown world would never be the same as where I had grown up.
We always want them in our every moment of our life, whether a t our dejection or exhilaration, but reality is not the same as we desire.

I was a stranger over here as I knew nothing what next I was going to face in my future life.--- wow that is amazing!! What a crazy adventure that must have been...

This is a great story... I really enjoyed hearing about your process.

Until then, I had been getting used to the people around me and knew a lot about how this struggling life would end up.
Commas:
I was not the same anymore, as the time had brought changes in me, but I'm still waiting to get back and get the warm loving hug from my family.

As I know now that living my life on my own, as a stranger out in the unknown world, can never be the same as it was where I grew up.

You have a great, great way of writing. It must be great because it reflects deep thinking that you learned when you gained this crazy new perspective.

Home / Writing Feedback / NARRATIVE ESSAY ON :LEAVING HOME