A nation can be both prosperous and able to protect environment

KatyNguyen 1 / -  
Topic:
Some people say that it is impossible for a country to be both economically successful and have a clean environment.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

To a certain extent, I agree that a nation can be both prosperous and able to protect environment. However, I also think that economic development is perhaps causing environmental pollution if the government doesn't have an appropriate policy.

On the one hand, economic stability can't happen without the harmful effects of nature. The main reason is that more and more industry factories and transport in the modern society, which emits a lot of dust, waste and so on.... These problems will lead to air pollution, water pollution, and especially the issue of global warming causing the greenhouse effect. It can be seen that in Vietnam, the industry is on the rise making wastes such as wastewater, emissions released into the atmosphere, rivers. This matter represents a great economic potential of Vietnam, but it is suffering from heavy pollution. Moreover, the use of fossil fuels is also one of the causes of pollution problem.

Nevertheless, it is my belief that one of the methods to develop the economy while protecting the surroundings is to utilize renewable energy. By using these energy sources, we can reduce not only the need of fuel, coal but also pollution caused by industrial productivity. For example, Japan has people who take advantage of solar energy and even make a lot of money by selling it to other countries making their country more prosperous.

In conclusion, although it is argued that environmental damage is inevitable due to the accelerating economic development. I think it is entirely possible if people take steps to increase the use of alternative energy and encourage recycling with that the government should come up with measures to balance the economy and the environment.
The prompt restatement is faulty for 2 reasons :

1. The topic rewording, based on the understanding of the author is missing in totality.
2. The writer used the "certain extent" properly as a measured reference point, but does not use a correct supporting statement. The use of the terms "However" and "I think" is inappropriate in this case as it appears to change the discussion and reasoning slant It should have been more properly integrated in the extent response to show that this is where his disagreement with the statement starts. Had the aforementioned words not been used, the "certain extent" reference would have been properly met.

The writer will not be scored based on his comparative discussion as this is a single opinion defense essay. 2 supporting reasons for the given opinion are required. Partial scoring will apply only to the limited or relevant reasoning paragraph that lends credence to the previously stated opinion.

Home / Writing Feedback / A nation can be both prosperous and able to protect environment