The national consumer expenditure on various items in five European countries in 2002

hasbi 29 / 42 23  
A comparison of the proportion of the national consumer expenditure on various items in five European countries in 2002 is illustrated in the table. Overall, it can be seen that a large part of consumers preferred to spend more money on food than clothing and leisure.

The greatest proportion of expenditure on food, drinks and tobacco was Turkey, with 32.14%, followed by Ireland with 28.91%. The consumers in Sweden spent 2 times less than that of in Turkey in this sector. Furthermore, Italians and Spanish spent the similar percentage, 16.36% and 18.80% respectively.

A more detailed look at the table revealed that the percentage spent on clothing and footwear was considerably less than 10% for all the countries. By 9%, customers in Italy experienced the largest expenditure in this category, while spending habits ranging from 5.40% to 6.63% for 4 other countries. As for leisure and education, it is obvious that the figure solely depicted at below 5% for all countries. Turkey had the highest percentage of expenditure with 4.35% compared with 1.98% in Spain.

Hasbi, just a word of caution regarding your summary paragraph. It is currently missing one sentence in order to represent the 3 sentence minimum requirement of the essay. Please take note and make sure to have the minimum 3 sentence overview. Get use to writing at least 3 sentences as an overview otherwise, you could risk some points deduction in the actual test. Please take note of the countries in the list. Always mention them in correspondence with the percentages you are indicating in order to create a comprehensive and informative report.

Home / Writing Feedback / The national consumer expenditure on various items in five European countries in 2002