Natural talents 'available' for every person? IELTS

Liliy 12 / 13 6  
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person of musician.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Every person has a unique ability since they were born to the earth. For this reason, some people believe that a great number of people are born with natural talents such as master in sport or music. While that will be acceptable by some people to claim it as sport players or musician can be mastered by teaching them, there is no doubt in my mind that all of people have given a special talent in themselves. Thus, this essay will examine both points of view.

To begin with, individuals with unspecific talent can master one skill if they do not underestimate themselves. Physiology for talent in Harvard University shows that 85 % of societies in the world only uses 30 % of the total their abilities. As a result, to appear people with unspecific talent they should encourage themselves without give themselves up with limitation.

Furthermore, a specific talent can be taught by people. An international talented research, conducted by Colorado physiologist Institute in America shows that almost specific talents can be learned by using technology such as 3D biomorphic which is educated football players uses 3Dvisual on a screen. As it can be seen from the instance, using sophisticated technology people can develop themselves to be better.

On the other hand, having natural talent makes people more easily to undergo professional talents such golfers or football players. First of all, their abilities are better than common people. It can make them to have more opportunities becoming master at some talents such as Leonel Messi with natural born skill in football. Secondly, mastering specific talent makes people have more responsible to teach other people. Natural skill will lead people with natural skill to give a spirit to their environment particularly people with unspecific talent.

In conclusion, although some people might not have well ability like people with natural talents, people should pay attention to others without specific skill with educating them that they also have better abilities.
lcturn87 - / 435 236  
1st paragraph: Do you believe that with the gift of life, that everyone has a natural gift or ability? I am asking this question because the first sentence needs to help the reader to understand why you mention that some believe in natural talents. It seems like you have only one point of view in this paragraph.

2nd paragraph: A better way to describe an unspecific talent would be to state "without a specific talent". Please look at the study from Harvard University again. Where does this study come from? Is it a magazine, article, etc.? What are the exact words that the study uses?

For example: Imagine I am quoting from a university report about university students who fell asleep in philosophy class. It was reported in XXXX University Paper that in 2014, 15% of students fell asleep in philosophy in comparison with a 1999 report of only 10% (XXXX University Paper, page 8). Although this is not really a report, you can see how I give credit to the source and you know that it is from a university paper and the page I quoted from. You also know the dates and the percentage of students who feel asleep. Please make this very clear to the reader about the Harvard University study.

Also, in the last sentence do you mean that a person who does not have a specific talent should be encouraged and not give up so easily if he or she experiences limitations?

3rd paragraph: Place a comma after America. Also, who are educated football players? Are these professional football players? Do these football players use this 3D technology to master their skills on the playing field? The last sentence you want to state, "can help people become better at a specific talent".

4th paragraph: I think you mean that a person with a natural talent can easily transition from an amateur to a professional player in golf or football. I think if you want to include the sentence that describes Leonel Messi, you have to mention that they have more opportunities to master skills. For example, maybe someone learns skills at an amateur level and then develops better skills at a professional level like Leonel Messi. I'm unsure about the next few sentences. Are you saying that if a person has a natural skill, this will bring enthusiasm to the game or sport from those who play it and those who don't? Please write this sentence again.

5th paragraph: Do you feel that those without natural talents should still be helped to develop their natural abilities? This means that everyone would have the ability to develop a talent.
farhan110991 11 / 17 8  
hai lily.. i do like your introduction.
but, i think you should not write this italic sentence. my opinion is that it is not related to the topic sentence.

but, by and large, this is good writing.

Home / Writing Feedback / Natural talents 'available' for every person? IELTS