Ielts: Is it necessary to teach children handwriting?

ningo 22 / 53 9  
Please give me your feedbacks. They are really valuable to me! Thank you so much!

Ielts Task 2: "Some people say that in our modern age, it is unnecessary to teach children about the skills of handwriting. To what extent do you agree or disagree".

In this age of modern technology, some people usually underestimate the importance of teaching handwriting for children. To some people, it is considered as an arduous and time consuming task. From my point of view, children are those who need to be under instruction of handwriting for several reasons.

Despite the convenience from up-to-date facilities, handwriting still plays a vital role in students' learning. Firstly, this approach is a basis tool used in several fields such as taking notes, doing homework and writing. It enables to improve learners' spelling capacity and accompany reading or writing disabilities as well. Under the guidance of parents or teachers, children can benefit from practicing handwriting. This way of writing will encourage them to pay more attention on content, elaborate in details and develop their organization abilities.

Secondly, parents and schools should give priority on directing their kids about handwriting as poor handwriting can have a negative impact on students' school performance. The fact is that kids who are bad at handwriting meet difficulties in taking notes and catching up lessons. It resulted in the missing of information and the lack of details during their works. Moreover, the increasing taking advantage of advanced equipment could make students be lazier and more subjective in their writing skills. For example, with the assistance of automatic grammar and spelling checking in office word, learners are now no need for noticing much in their mistakes.

To conclude, no matter how fast and convenient modern devices bring to us in writing, handwriting is still a needed skill for all of people, especially students at the early age.
kbektas 3 / 7 3  
According to some people
develop their organizational abilities.
still a needed skill for all of people

These are better I think.
Generally good but the last paragraph could be longer.
fikri 5 / 317 71  
here is my example,,
Foreign visitors should pay more than local visitors for cultural and historical attractions. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

we needed a 'strong opinion' answer to the question above. Here's my suggested outline for a 4-paragraph essay:

Introduction: make your opinion clear (e.g. I completely disagree)
First reason why you disagree
Second reason why you disagree
Conclusion: repeat / summarise your opinion
Note: It is possible to mention the opposite view in one of the main paragraphs, but you should make it very clear that you disagree with it.

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts: Is it necessary to teach children handwriting?