IELTS task 1: Letter to the neighbors to apologize for the noise

Jessiewyq 2 / 5 1  
Your neighbours have recently written to you to complain about the noise from your houseflat.
Write a letter to your neightbours. In your letter
1. explain the reasons for the noise
2. apologise
3. describe what action you will take

Dear Mr. Green
I was terribly sorry to receive your letter complaining about the noise brought from my flat last Friday night. I am writing to express my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused.

Please allow me to explain a little that we threw a welcome party for my sister who was just back from Australia after 4 years studying abroad. Since we had not seen each other for a very long time we decided to hold a gathering party by inviting all the relatives and close friends to come to the house. Friends were probably too thrilled in the party they even sang and danced with loud music with little attention that it was late of night.

I must say again that we were very sorry about the disturbance to your rest at night, we were not very thoughtful but we truely didn't mean to bother our neighbours. certainly this won't happen again as such a family activity we would surely take it outside instead of holding it at home next time.

your sincerely

Jessie
I was terribly sorry to receive your letter complaining about the noise brought from my flat last Friday night

I was terribly sorry to learn about the noise created by us that disturbed the neighborhood on the night of last Friday.

Please allow me to explain a little that we threw a welcome party for my sister who was just back from Australia after 4 years studying abroad.

While I acknowledge our fault and accept the responsibility of this inappropriate conduct, I humbly request you to allow me to explain why this incident occurred that night.

Good writing & good luck! :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS task 1: Letter to the neighbors to apologize for the noise