Neighbouring towns - IELTS WRITING TASK 1 - MAP

Chim 1 / -  

developments in Meadowside village and Fonton town

The maps below show the changes that have been taken place in Meadowside village and Fonton, a neighbouring town, since 1962.

The illustrations show the developments in Meadowside village and Fonton town from 1962 until today. Over the time period, both areas witnessed significant changes.

In 1962, Meadowside and Fonton were two separated lands with limited area. As can be seen, Fonton town was more spacious compared to its neighboring village; thus, there was a railway runs from the north-west to the south-east of the town.

During the 23 years period, while Fonton only increased its area, Meadowside village experienced dramatic renovations. In 1985, the area of Meadowside expanded by 4 times approximately, with modern facilities being built which causes the area to become a more appealing destination. In the west of the village, a housing estate was constructed, right next to a leisure complex and above a big road running across Meadowside. A super store was located in the south, next to the expanded road connecting Meadowside and Fonton.

Ultimately, Meadowside village and Fonton town united as a massive area with a station in the centre. There was a hotel to the north of the station and a railway which runs from the station to the east of the town. A business park was built in the south. Strikingly, Meadowside has modernized from a village into a suburb.

alyssa2036 6 / 19 2  
@Chim
Hi there! I believe you elaborated the diagram well and detailed. One personal note I would add is to talk about how Meadowside village and Fonton slowly became strategic, since the placement of everything seems to support one another. Other than that, I think you did well.
You should have indicated that the years included were 1962, 1985, and the present. That missing information makes your summary introduction incomplete in presentation. Your comparisons are acceptable, except in the last paragraph. You failed to detail the expansion of the town with the business center, hotel, and other aspects of modernization. The railway also expanded its service in the present time. I would not say that this is a very accurate representation of the map. Rather, it is a relatively complete presentation. Data is missing from the report. Thus the TA score for this essay will not be as high as it potentially could have been. Remember that you have to analyze the information. That means, you should take the time to study every illustration and make sure that every aspect is presented for the benefit of the reader. Don't leave anything to chance. Always double check your information against the drawing. That is the only way to make sure that your TA score will be high in this task.
parviz 3 / 7  
Hi
I think your 'overall view' sentence is a bit short. e.g. Over the time period, while both areas witnessed significant changes,the railway system remained relatively unchanged.

Home / Writing Feedback / Neighbouring towns - IELTS WRITING TASK 1 - MAP