TOEFL: new factory will enhance the quality of life and our town's image promotion

Mckenzie 1 / -  
A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this new influence on your community. Do you support or oppose the factory? Explain your position.

There have existed endless controversial opinions towards the building of a large factory near my community. Personally, I strongly agree with the decision to build a new factory.

Firstly, what I put my priority in is the improvement of living standard. It is well noted that most people living in my town is out of work. They live solely on farming but each year farmers in my place only have to work on two harvests. After each harvest, they are unemployed and have plenty of free time. With the appearance of the factory, more people living in my place will have a job. The new factory is certain to have job vacancy and so is likely in need of a huge work force. There are various types of jobs and positions that suit every people in my town: from unskilled to high-skilled. With higher income, people in my town will be able to spend more money to improve their living condition and thus the quality of life will be increased.

Secondly, the town's image promotion ranks an equal place in the essence. Needless to say, my town is a remote area and locates in the countryside. Transportation is sometimes very difficult. Therefore, each year, small number of tourists come to visit us. It clearly lacks attention and needs popularization. Thanks to a new factory, the image of our town is certain to be advertised. The products from the factory will definitely carried labels with the name of the factory's location. There's likelihood that buyers of the products will read the label and know about our town. As a result, my town will be famous for producing the products. Undoubtedly, a new factory will popularize our town's image.

Some people who disagree with the building of the factory argued that our town is bound to be polluted. However, I believed that the factory will take large-scale measurements to purify the wastes and smoke. High technology has made this process easier to be carried out. We also have laws and charges if the factory fails to reduce the pollution. Therefore, if the factory wants to earn our approval and reputation, it'd better keep the environment clean.

All in all, by enhancing the quality of life and the town's image promotion, a new factory should be built in our town. I highly recommend that the people living in my town take my writing into great consideration to make appropriate decisions.
DearbhailS 6 / 10 2  
they are unemployed and have having plenty of free time.
There have existed endless controversial opinions towards the building of a large factory near my community. Personally, I strongly agree withfavor thisthe decision to buildof building a new factory.

I like your introduction :)
Firstly, what I put my priority in is the improvement of living standard of the people in my community. (you need to be more specific here)

It is well noted that most people living in my town is out of work.jobless most of the days.
With the appearancepresence of the factory, more people living in my placecommunity would be able to have part time jobs to earn something extra for their familieswill have a job.
Some people who disagree with the idea of building of the factory argued argue (keep it in present tense as your prompt sounds) that our town is bound to be polluted. However, I believedbelieve that the factory will take large-scale measurements to purify the wastes and smoke. High technology has made this process easier to be carried out. We also have laws and charges if the factory fails to reduce the pollution they will be fined for not following regulations.

You can write very well :)

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL: new factory will enhance the quality of life and our town's image promotion