The new forms of communication have positive effects on interpersonal relationships.

dodam 1 / -  
Telephones and e-mail have made communication between people less personal.

Some people might argue that telephones and e-mail make people less meet them face-to-face. However, contrary to their opinion, I firmly believe that the means have contributed to strengthen relationship. The fundamental reason behind this is that they could encourage people to keep in touch with others despite long distance and settle conflict quickly.

First of all, telephones and e-mail can easily connect people who live in different, far regions. An important reason is that these means of communication allows people to stay in contact beyond the barrier of long distance. Thus, people are better able to solve problems which can be caused by long distance between people compared to the past when phones and e-mails were not invented. For example, when I was in high school, I had strong relationship with my mother. However, after I entered the university, I had to start live separately because my home was too far from the college. However, our relationship still could be maintained thanks to a long-distance phone call which enabled us to keep in touch with each other, so we still could share interesting day's events and concerns. Had it not been for telephones, the relationship could be severely damaged.

In addition, the new telecommunications systems enable people to fix conflicts in relationship quickly. In the past, people had no choice but to meet and have conversation in person when they faced problems in their relationships. People, of course, could write and send letters to settle the problems, however sending and receiving the letters was too slow to be an effective solution. However, contrary to the past, people today can freely contact others whenever they want to do through phones and e-mail. Therefore, people can solve and deal with various relationship problems faster than ever before. From my experience, when I was in college, I had an altercation with my best friend, and this hugely offended her feelings. As a result, we drifted apart for a while. However, as soon as I realized my faults and mistakes, I made a call to her and apologized sincerely. Therefore, I was able to recover our relationship right away.

For these reasons, I strongly believe that e-mail and telephones have positive effects on interpersonal relationships.

Does my writing make sense?... :(
Some people might argue that telephones and e-mail make people less meet them face-to-face.

This has a grammar issues;
Some people might argue that telephones and e-mails make people have less interactions with loved ones.
First of all, telephones and e-mail can easily connect people who live in different, far regions.

...."different" regions is not the important fact here. It is the "far apart" that makes inconveniences for the people to communicate.

First of all, telephones and emails offer very efficient and convenient solutions to connect people who live far apart.

An important reason is that these means of communication allowsallow people to stay in contact beyond the barrier of long distance.

these means allow / this allows .... pay attention to grammar.
Here you are repeating the same idea what you said in your previous sentence. You should have combined both sentences together because they mean the same.

, I had strong relationship with my mother.

You always have a strong relationship with your mom, so tell that you were able to maintain it thanks to the phone and emails

Home / Writing Feedback / The new forms of communication have positive effects on interpersonal relationships.