New generation no more read books. Is this complaint true?

jomse 5 / 13  
Quest in IELTS: There is a complaint that new generation no more read books. Is this complaint true and if it is true what are the reasons which resulted in the decreasing tendency in reading books?

Gone are those days we depended on bundle bind books for reading. Technology has come up with new ways of reading books. New generation does not have time to visit a public library to select a book they required. Magazines, journals, novels are now available in their finger tips.

Internet reading is so popular nowadays. Hard copies of books are not required instead CD's, e-books, e-magazines published their soft copies in the internet which are easily accessible. The soft copy can be downloaded and will be available in the system if required. Shakespeare's plays, Holy Bible, epics of Indian culture, magazines, journals, dictionaries, novels in different languages are available in a matter of seconds. Hence researches in various fields are easily possible by entering the key words. The old way of reading the contents and bibliography gone by the inversion of technology.

In past reading is more like entertainment in order to kill time. Spend a major part of the day sitting in the library and reading books with a motive of passing time. Modern man has enormous ways of entertainment. More social opportunities are available such as social sites, you tube, new released movies, share broking via internet. So spending time in library does not make any sense. Nowadays modern libraries depend on technologies to cop-up with moderns man's needs. Libraries are equipped with CD-ROMs and other soft copies of various books. The old concept of library only with books and news paper has been changed

Even though technology has developed so far most of the information's provided are aesthetic. The veracity is that most of the information provided in the internet is under a commercial aim. Plagiarism also has shown a drawback in the technological advancement.

In brief, we are living in a technological driven world. Hence the new generation has changed the form of reading from hard copies to the soft copies whereby time can be saved.
New generation does not have time to visit a public library to select a book they required. Magazines, journals, novels are now available inat their finger tips.

Hard copies of books are not required insteadbecause of the availability of electronic media such as CD's, e-books, e-magazines published their soft copies in the internet which are easily accessible.

Hence researches in various fields are easily possible by entering the key words.------Ifeel you better improve this sentence because it lacks clarity and reader gets confused .
NaddieWU 1 / 2  
Actually i think your conclusion is too absolute
Let's say "the modern generation"
The modern generation does not...

have time to visit a public library to select a book they required. Magazines, journals, novels are now available in at their finger tips.
The common expression is "at your fingertips..."

Shakespeare's plays, the Holy Bible, epics of Indian culture, magazines, journals, dictionaries, novels in different

In the past, reading was...
People used to spend a major part of the day sitting in

... provided in the Internet is part of a commercial effort.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / New generation no more read books. Is this complaint true?