TOEFL - new technology helps students a lot

eradulova 7 / 14  
Do you agree or disagree with following statement? With the help of technology, students nowadays can learn more information and learn it more quickly. Use specific reasons and examples to support you answer.

Learning has changed since new technology appeared. Most of all help students learn better and quicker.
Personal computer is one of the most profitable device, we use for studying. Accessing the internet, which PC makes it possible, is the new way we have our lessons learned. We use Internet as endlessly source of information. You go to google.com or other kind of search to find information you need. There is always an article about the topic you are studying. This is one of the reasons we use internet. Than we have so many virtual library, that has become more common for use that the old fashion paper book. I know people who missed old books and are still going to the library. They do it just because they find it sentimental. Anyway virtual library has replaced the old one. It is quicker and easier. You just type a word and get a list of web pages that are related to the topic you are looking for. It save so much time, that you use it to learn more and more. You do not have to look among many books to find an article you should read.

On the other hand we have so different forums in the virtual space. You are helped as easy as you give help to somebody. This is possible only because we are connected by the new technological devices. All that new machines help us much as they save us time and give more possibility to get that we want. For example you are in the yard at the university and enjoy the sunny day meanwhile you are learning for the last term exam. That would not be possible if you were in the library. One more, you do not have to spend hours waiting in front of the teacher's office. You just send your home work via e-mail, later on you receive you score or references via e-mail. The makes studying process more flexible. Learning foreign language takes a lot of time. Looking for what that word means in the paper dictionary makes it longer and more difficult. With new web dictionary you type the word you do not know and the meanings appear in a minute.

I consider new technology helps students a lot. They not just save our time but make the studying easier.
pinkhelicopter - / 2  
I think it's great that you use detailed example to construct you essay, and it's better to include more information in your introduction paragraph and last paragraph.

Besides, try more complicated sentences, not just something like "It is quicker and easier."
ll931110 7 / 15 3  
I think in general, your essay is good in explaining and developing ideas. However, you should use more linking words and transitions, since your grammar is quite simple. Some of your sentences may be listed out here (other than the above reply):

"Than we have so many virtual library..."
I'm not sure what's the point of than here. Instead, 'Furthermore' or 'Moreover' should be better to move from the previous idea to this one.

"Anyway virtual library has replaced the old one. It is quicker and easier."
The idea is right, but it does not sound too academic. I think it is possible to change like this: "However, virtual libraries (use plural in mentioning the general) have replaced the old ones, since they are quicker and easier to use"

"The makes studying process more flexible. Learning foreign language..."
First, "the" should be changed to "It". Also, I'm not sure whether you are introducing a new key point or giving an example from the previous idea. In either case, a transition should be used, like 'For example, learning foreign language...', or 'A particular problem in students is that...'

Please correct me if something is wrong or incomplete. Thank you for your essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL - new technology helps students a lot