TOEFL: NEWS ABOUT CELEBRITIES

hatung94 6 / 8  
Topic:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television, newspaper, magazines, and others media pay too much attention to the personal lives of famous people such as public figures and celebrities.

Nowadays, it is easy to see that the number of news, especially news about famous people, is increasing rapidly. Some people say that newspaper, television and other media should not pay too much attention to the private lives of these people as these news waste a lot of time of readers. However, I think that ...

help me to check this awkward essay
renga78 6 / 18  
there is no problem for medias

magazine as all what they can see in it now

On the contrary, celebrities do want their name to be seeninonas many newspapers' and magazines' title as possible. Thisas it helps them to bring their name to the publicmasses of people , and thus making them more and more popular and famous

Last but not least, personally, reading news about famous is a very easy way to reduce stressrelax

That everyday, I spend at least fifteen minutes a day to read these news and wonderfully ,
Vakax 2 / 50  
Umm, that was like making a banana milkshake without placing a lid on the blender...It flew just about EVERYWHERE!

The introduction was fine but considering the topic at hand, it comes off as being too trite and pedestrian. The second and fourth paragraphs are basically the same thing and can be incorporated in a rather strong single paragraph. The reasons provided by you are weak and don't bolster your stand to perfection.

Heres what can be done. Start off with something sharp. like "In a world where drama and gossip reign supreme, mass media provides us with the requisite information without a moments delay." or something which supports your notion of "GOSSIP/SCANDALS/PRYING GOOD!"

What i would do is take a trait like for example: humanitarianism, and then mention celebrities like Winfrey, Jolie,etc etc etc. Work with different traits in the same way. Whats good in such essays is to provided concrete examples to support your ideas.

Another thing that you can discuss is how you can construe the information that is being given to you. Like. seeing the effects of DUI or drug overdose or addiction may stir in a viewer/reader, the conscience to make a positive change in his life, etc etc

I hope you get what i am trying to say.

Best of luck.
OP hatung94 6 / 8  
more comments please :)
OP hatung94 6 / 8  
So now if a magazine, for example, decided notto cut down its column about famous people, it would be a very big mistake
more comments please :)

Hi Hatung, I see you giving a lot of help to other people. I think you should ask those people to help you, too. So, every time you check someone's essay and give your opinion, link them you tour essay and ask them to do the same for you.

Nowadays, it is easy to see that the number of news programs , especially news about famous people, is increasing rapidly.

However, I think that it is not a problem for the media to keep spreading news about famous people because of the following reasons.

They go online, or turn on television, because they want to get information about their idols, these celebrities.

So now if a magazine, for example, decided not to discontinue its column about famous people, it would be a very big mistake.

Last but not least, personally, I believe that reading news about famous people is a very easy way to reduce stress. That Every day, I spend at least fifteen minutes to read these news articles and, wonderfully, they always increase my interest and make me feel energetic to start working right after that.

Their stories serve as special tools that make the celebrities become more famous and also reduce the readers' stress.

Nice job! Ha ha, I like it. Most people argue the opposite way. You are unique.
kevinhsin1124 11 / 10  
hi~~
Nowadays, it is very easy to hear the news about the personal lives of famous people such as public figures and celebrities. Some people say that newspaper, television and other media should not pay too much attention to it, as reading these news is such a waste of time. However, I think that there is no problem for the media to keep spreading news about famous people because of the following reasons.

First of all, a lot of people are interested in stories about celebrities' private lives. They go online or turn on the television to get information about the idols they love. So, if a magazine, for example, has decided to cut down its column about famous people, it would be a very big mistake. People will no longer want to buy this magazine as all what they can see in it now are just boring political or economic news.

Secondly, many people say that reading the news about celebrities' lives would make them very unpleasant: but I think it is not true. On the contrary, celebrities do want their names to be on as many newspapers' and magazines' title as possible. This helps to bring their names to the masses of people, also making them more and more popular and famous. So there is no reason for the medias to reduce in scrutinizing celebrities' lives when they do want it.

Above all, I strongly disagree with the statement that television, newspaper, magazines, and others media pay too much attention to the personal lives of famous people such as public figures and celebrities.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL: NEWS ABOUT CELEBRITIES